Treynor Black ?

Having just completed R67 from volume 6, “The theory of active portfolio management”. It states on page 523, “candidates are not responsible, within reading 67 for deriving or memorizing the formulas introduced in sections 4-6” I enjoyed the reading, then came to the end of chapter questions, apart from simple alpha and variance calculations, the other questions rely on working through these formulas. Is it correct to assume, in this case the EofC questions are to help understand the concept? Can anyone who has previously taken the exam confirm the type of questions we may expect associated with this LOS ? Thanks.

I wish it said that about ALL the formulas…that would be amazing. are you already on reading 67? I’m just finishing book 1 now…Econ turned out to be ROUGH towards the end… but unlike LI material, none of this was covered in my undergrad so i’m seeing it mostly for the first time so it should be tough at this point…oh well, review review review qbank qbank qbank

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish it said that about ALL the formulas…that > would be amazing. > > are you already on reading 67? I’m just finishing > book 1 now…Econ turned out to be ROUGH towards > the end… > > but unlike LI material, none of this was covered > in my undergrad so i’m seeing it mostly for the > first time so it should be tough at this > point…oh well, review review review qbank qbank > qbank You seem like mytype of CFA Candidate, want to share thoughts, progress regarding CFA preperation. My gmail id is abhitechie@gmail.com. You may want to share gmail IDs

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish it said that about ALL the formulas…that > would be amazing. > > are you already on reading 67? I’m just finishing > book 1 now…Econ turned out to be ROUGH towards > the end… > > but unlike LI material, none of this was covered > in my undergrad so i’m seeing it mostly for the > first time so it should be tough at this > point…oh well, review review review qbank qbank > qbank I should finish the final R68 of book 6 this week…I am finding L2 hard going, so skipped book 4 equity as it seemed so thick, weighty and frankly daunting, I plan to open it and finish the whole curriculum by the end of '09. So, any previous exam takers with any ideas of Treynor Black questions…is it about the concept alone? Thanks.

I managed to answer my question… End of chapter questions 17-22, for the next reading R68 about the ISP, relate to Treynor black, without the need for calculation.