Tricks & Traps

I wrote on one question on Level I as well and never heard back but writing CFAI at least made me feel better. I can guess the subject you are talking about but I never noticed it. I thought a lot of questions overwrote what was in the vigs so I usually just went with the language in the question. Hopefully, that didn’t cost me in this case.

None of these are really traps. If it’s in the curriculum, it’s not a trap. If you missed it, that’s your fault.

God knows which question is this. I am now feeling very tense

Not sure what you are talking about. Afraid I missed this…

I think I missed the FRA question too. Don’t recollect seeing this. Going over the exam in my head and realized that I missed another question on Econ- overlooked the fact that exchange rate had only two decimal places not four

Calm down, people. It is all just conjecture at this point and relies on the memories of random people during a stressful situation in which many had less than a full night’s sleep.

These potential tricks /traps are whats causing me problems sleeping.

Ive been trying to incorporate the traps into my expected grade and I did something like this:

I divided the amount of questions as follows:

40 where I am absolutely positive they were right.

I attached a 90% coefficient to these as I may have fallen for a trap on just a few of them.

50 where I got an available answer, but I’m not as 100% confident as I was above.

I put a 70% coefficient here, as it is quite a realistic possibility I fell for a few traps on these.

20 where I had to guess but eliminated 1 of the choices that I felt pretty sure I was wrong.

Although it should be 50/50, you need to factor in that perhaps the 1 you eliminated, was in fact correct, so I put a 40% coefficient here.

And there were 10 (actually a bit less) which were a complete guess, and I attached a 20% coefficient just to be conservative.

So overall, I would calculate my expected grade at

40*.9 = 36

50*.7 = 35

20*.4 = 8

10*.2 = 2

Which puts me at 81/120, or 67.5%. I hope this is enough for a passing score…but this assumes I’ve attached the correct coefficients, and who knows how many traps I may have fallen for :frowning:

Double post…wap wap

I agree! Ha.

It’s incredible how seriously we take our life, our successes and our failures, which is sometimes only to our detriment.

I agree. I remember a friend of mine had visited some Southeast Asian country and posted some pictures up on Facebook. One of the pictures was of a sign, written in English. It said: “Don’t be so hard on yourself. In one hundred years, all new people”. Kind of puts it into perspective. Everything might be a big deal now, but in the grand scheme of things… not so much…at all. We are just tiny blips in the vast expanse of time and space. And this test has meaning only to the extent that we and employers give it meaning.