True or false - different exams questions for different locations

edited

anyone?

false

really? snap so how do they prevent cheating?

There have to be two versions of the exam. This is going to sound like a conspiracy theory but, it would be incredibly easy to duplicate the exam and transmit the exam to willing parties. Those chinese are so damn brilliant at making tiny electronics they could easily install a camera into a TI or HPC calculator, into a watch, etc… They would just have to snap a picture of each page of the exam. It wouldn’t be hard considering it makes sense to have your calculator in your hands for 90% of the exam. I was reading an article the other day about how rampant cheating has become over in India. Apparently, an investigation revealed that a couple of airline pilots had paid people to take their exams for them using falsified documentation. Scary. The CFA is pretty big deal in some of those Asian countries so what’s to keep them from sending someone over to the U.K to take the exam and send images of the test back…? On the exam there is an identification code that in the past has always been different between the UK and US tests. I don’t know what that means but I would be amazed if there weren’t at least two versions. Forget about exact questions just think about the advantage you would have just knowing the broad topics that were tested? 12 hours would be plenty of time to turn a 60 into an 80.

Maybe this is why the chinese take it on Sunday? *shrugs*

code of ethics

many of my friends told me it is easier to pass in Hong Kong than in mainland China. And I did find many PRC passport holders yesterday. I just can’t find any reason why CFAI wants to pass more Hong Kong candidates?!

simple way to know: when was quant and econ tested - am or pm?

Hank Moody Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > simple way to know: when was quant and econ > tested - am or pm? Discussing such details is against the code of ethics I guess

Nobody will risk cheating unless they are a fool. It is a permanent goodbye in getting the charter.

lilzany Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nobody will risk cheating unless they are a fool. > It is a permanent goodbye in getting the charter. And how do you suppose these people might get caught? If its the same exam, its not hard to get someone to take it in the US while you take it the next day in HK and get all the answers.