trump goes off on the NFL

My thoughts exactly.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhborYfWsY/]

^ Agree.

Stand up and honor the flag. American citizens who disrespect the flag and national anthem disrespect themselves.

If Trump really wanted them to stop protesting the anthem he should have gotten out there and taken a knee along side them.

Here’s the thing about this NFL situation. Even though the owners, management and players have issued joint statements in support of the players, we don’t know if that reflects their actual opinions, or if it is just a calculated response to minimize damage. It is very likely that many NFL people do not support kneeling during the national anthem. However, since they are invested in the NFL, they do not want to create controversy and must begrudgingly accept a politically correct response. Some NFL owners, like the one stated above, have stuck with Trump through worse comments - like grabbing by the P* and calling Mexican immigrants rapists. Why would they care about issues that players are protesting now?

If we don’t recognize how repressionism or denial can help Trump politically, then we have learned nothing from the recent election. NFL’s response does not show that people are unified against Trump. It shows that they fear the political consequences of outwardly supporting him. People can go around high fiving each other for this show of “unity” and subversion, or they can recognize the underlying issue and not fall for the same mistakes they made in 2016.

Image result for villanueva

Remember how PA is always going on saying how the “radical left” shuts down any free speech they disagree with. Isn’t this just the right doing the same?

They dont agree with the message, and no matter minorities bring it up its never the “right time”. Now you have the President telling private team owners to fire their contracted employees which would likely be in breach of their bargained contract to suppress their right to free speech.

Remember - Trump was pro burning the american flag as a form of expression. Not sure how taking a knee during a song that many people use as a last chance to take a leak before the action starts is any different. Hes using it as a wedge issue because his base will eat it up. Notice how he kissed NASCARs ass, thats the most republican activity ever

No, it’s different. People can openly denounce Trump for criticizing others - is this “left wing”? However, people cannot openly criticize those people for criticizing Trump, even though they want to. Do you see why it is not the same? Because there is no outlet for those repressed people, they become angry, they are driven to the right, and they lie in polls to show they don’t support Trump. However, they show up to vote for him, because the alternative is some smug person who is annoying as F.

You don’t see that maybe, but others don’t either. That’s why Trump won. People care more that their opinion is heard and the candidate shows empathy for their desires. This is more important to them than the specifics of Trump policy, which he didn’t even have.

It was not difficult for troll people like Bannon to recognize this, and they used it to win. Despite what the losing side thinks, it was fair and square. If you want to overturn this horrible politician Trump, then look at yourself, look at why people like you forced him into victory, and do something productive to change the way you think.

this is maybe one topic where trump and i are in agreement. your job is your job. express free speech in your free time. shut up, listen to your superiors and get to work! the longer this goes, the more centrists will veer right. it makes me want to veer right. the canadian right is left of the US left but still.

MNF is going to show the anthem tonight.

Meh, not sure the job description for a football player includes specifically standing for the national anthem. It’s not like they are protesting by not playing in the game so it’s not affecting their actual work product.

Why is the anthem even played at sporting events in the US that isn’t the Olympics?

This is why:

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk]

HAHAHA I haven’t seen that in years. Best.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/villanuevas-nfl-jersey-becomes-a-best-seller/

“A spokesman for Fanatics, which runs the NFL’s online store, confirmed that more Villanueva items, including jerseys and T-shirts, had been ordered than that of any other NFL player in the past 24 hours.”

Sure, part of this was just a publicity bump, but it does show that support for the NFL’s actions is not as widespread as we have been led to believe. Many people admire this guy’s choice to not participate in boycotting the national anthem.

This is like, almost word for word an early 2017 Purealpha post.

And a person this stupid (not you, the Trump voter you describe) makes me 100x more ashamed of this country than some idiot kneeling for the national anthem. Trump is probably just pissed he couldnt get an NFL team and wants to dig at the league any way he can. If he owned a team you can bet it would be the best thing in the world.

I dont entirely disagree with your point. Look at the comments on any yahoo article, its just people angry who want to blame someone for something. Trump gives them someone to blame and they eat it up.

i wonder what kraft is telling trump privately lol

i wonder when kraft will write the apology to trump

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/us-defense-department-paid-14-nfl-teams-54m-to-honor-soldiers/

remember this?

apparently kelley agrees with trump according to latest tweet