Trump on Abortion

So death is better than a life of hardship and abuse?

welcome to Canada and child euthanasia (laws are in the works)

In many cases, of course. But what would you know?

Again, I’ll point out that you cited this argument. This is what Levitt says, unwanted kids have sh*tty lives who go on to commit crime.

I didn’t opine on whether it should be illegal. Once again, I said I had no opinion, thus making you still a moron. I left the heady opionions to to you. There was no high horse, other than simply stating that you are incapable of basic reasoning and comprehension. But to your point, people with direct experience > people trying to twist views and talking about something they have no experience with. Always.

My initial point was simply that many of the innacurate statements raised against PP are based on a group of dudes that have never actually set foot in one and contrary to all of their legally required practices I witnessed while there. The piece at the end was simply my $0.02 saying what my take aways were and ending by saying I had no opinion, being able to see both sides.

Idiot.

Look you can petulantly twist words and name call, but that doesn’t change the fact pattern of the scenario you laid out for the forum. You were pro-choice, went through the abortion process, decided it wasn’t for you, and then changed your stance to undecided, or no option, or [insert whatever synonym you want to use today].

So YOU went through the process, but now you’re undecided, unsure, [whatever], about whether others should be able to do the same? That’s a disgustingly paternalistic way to look at things.

How did the tandem calculator attack work out for you? Recommend the technique? I thought I had heard it all.

Moon tea

No, I went thorugh the process and now I’m unsure others SHOULDN’t be able to do the same. You know, because you oversimplified and ignored half the point.

Sigh, I also went through the process of having a kid and realizing I almost made the wrong choice (FOR ME) that would have carried major negative consequences. So that makes me inclined to want to help keep others from possibly making that mistake and hurting themselves (and many people do regret it). IE, In the same way someone who nearly destroys their life with something may want to keep others from traveling the same road. In this way, I am personally pro-life.

HOWEVER, I acknowledged that I am unsure that what was the right choice for me is the right choice for others. This leaves me still, at the end of the day in many ways pro-choice from a legal perspective. In the same paragraph I highlighted that we did benefit from the choice in some ways.

So having been through a complicated situation, I chose to say I am undecided or unsure. IE, no opinion. In other words, I can see the value of the choice, but I cannot say with total certainty that having the choice is the best option either because like all trure debates there are two sides for a reason. Palantir chose to read the same post and say I was pro-choice. You chose to twist it towards pro-life. This if anything, highlights the neutral stance I have.

So yes, I went through a complicated situation and left unsure of how I stood having been through it (something you have not). You can continue to try to distill it by oversimplifying it to terms your tiny little mind can handle, but you’ll always just be an idiot trying to bang a drum.

What’s a tandem calculator attack?

Since I’d rather derail this topic than start a new thread:

Every guy that’s in a serious relationship needs to download the app called “Clue.” It keeps track of your woman’s cycle. It’s been awesome. The obvious benefit being you have a good idea when she’s going to be a bit crazy and you can prepare/act accordingly (i.e. have some chocolate on hand). It may sound silly, but we’ve also used it to help plan vacations. Don’t want to go when we can have sexy-time.

And, for those that are trying to avoid kids, there’s obviously better forms of birth control, but it tells you when she’s ovulating too so you can be extra careful.

I used to track my girl’s cycle on da calendar. Helped a lot in many cases, but mostly for the chocolate-on-hand situation. It got to the point where she would sometimes ask me when she was due for her period next, because she knew I always knew.

It helped that she was regular.

Yeah power of oneness!

We are saying the same thing. Especially in this paragraph:

“Sigh, I also went through the process of having a kid and realizing I almost made the wrong choice (FOR ME) that would have carried major negative consequences. So that makes me inclined to want to help keep others from possibly making that mistake and hurting themselves (and many people do regret it). IE, In the same way someone who nearly destroys their life with something may want to keep others from traveling the same road. In this way, I am personally pro-life.”

I can appreciate that deep down you are well intentioned in that you don’t want people to make the same mistake you almost made. However, just because I once drove drunk and almost hurt other people doesn’t make me undecided about whether alcohol should be banned.

Our society needs to be able to make their own decisions and live with the consequences and possible regret of their actions. Just because many people may regret having an abortion, for others it may have been a life saver. Everyone can have their own personal view on the subject without imposing on others’ ability to make the choice for themselves.

Listen, I hear what you’re saying. You’re reading way to much into it. I was explicit in stating that I can see that side of things and that I wasn’t pro-life. Literally all I am (and was) trying to say in the initial post is that my experience at PP was very different from the one ACE laid out from some article. That is all.

Keeping in mind that the entire focus of my first post was to outline how the PP experience was when I was there (very thorough and helpful, not pushing abortions) I then added a brief bit with my personal takeaway (that somehow everyone chose to latch onto). In that, I was essentially saying that it is a complicated situation that having been through it, that can I see both sides of. I am not taking a side and never intended to. How that can be so controversial is beyond me. Again, the fact that Palantir read the same thing and took it as pro-choice says a fair bit. Later, I even clarified that gun to my head I’m personally pro-life and legally pro-choice. This should not be this difficult.

That being said, it is not disgusting or paternalistic for someone to go through a life experience and have takeaways from it whether you agree with them or not. If a fat guy wants large sodas banned in NYC a la Bloomberg, that does not make him a disgusting asshole, even if I take a more libertarian view.

I’m glad you had a good experience and unbiased experience from PP. I understand what you’re saying. It wasn’t just some article I quoted. I was interested in the inner workings of PP and Abby Johnson wrote a book on her experiences there. She had a leadership role in the organization. She didn’t know the inner workings for much of her time there until she became a director and saw how the business model effectively functions. Abby was recruited by PP when she was young on the premise that she was ‘helping girls successfully get through tough situations’ and to help them make ‘the toughest decision of their life’. PP described her role as ‘helping others’. She was big on helping others through tough situations and was happy to work at PP for years. It wasn’t until she was promoted a few times that she saw the inner workings of the organization. Most staff level positions don’t see the inner workings of the business model and PP surely doesn’t make the information easy for the public to see. Abby wrote the book to shed some light on what a leadership role in PP is like and what it entails. You have direct experience with dealing with PP first hand and a good experience at that. I didn’t just read some article; it was a very detailed firsthand account of the inner workings of the organization. You can’t really get that perspective from a direct consumer (yikes - word usage ‘consumer’) point of view or from the basic staff level positions (even if you are a staff worker). It has to come from someone who is the leader of a PP office.

Again, your experience is great and I cannot help but applaud PP and their consultation and your decision in that instance.

This sounds like a good app. Its actually the only menthod that the Catholic Church condones and they call it Natural Family planning. “NFP reflects the dignity of the human person within the context of marriage and family life, promotes openness to life, and recognizes the value of the child. By respecting the love-giving and life-giving natures of marriage, NFP can enrich the bond between husband and wife.”

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/natural-family-planning/

I don’t want to stand on the side of a discussion without providing all the perspectives. Citing Levitt seemed to give more credit to the other side, but it actually pushes one to think more deeply about the value of life. Also, citing Viktor Frankl was a direct reference to death, life, hardship, abuse, and their interrelation. Viktor endured some of the worst hardship and suffering known to man and derived meaning from it. What is the meaning of abuse and suffering? Is it worth life or should death be chosen to avoid it? Over his time in the concentration camps he rises above the abuse, suffering, starvation, and many other things to derive meaning from the chaos.

You are romanticizing suffering, and that is his opinion, not universal truth. Should S2000 have been forced to let his horse suffer with its degenerative condition?

In Judaism it’s a mitzvah (blessing, I.e. Bonus points with God) to have sex with your spouse on the sabbath. It’s to promote harmony within the family.

Of course, since it’s the sabbath, you can’t do it with the lights on, so if your wife’s hot friend is visiting, be careful, because you might not be able to tell who is who in the dark.

Candlelight?

And I thought you were the romantic one.

(Also a good scenario for a houdini.)