Trust the LOS

How many of you actually trust the LOS? If they don’t explicitly state “be able to calculate”, does it really mean we won’t have to do any calculations? I hate having to always second guess them #@!$…

Determine can mean calculate. Others things that mean calculate: Formulate Compute Evaluate (i.e. evaluate the diffeence between the treynor and sharpe ratio for this manager

If a formula is somehow tied to the LOS in anyway, memorize it.

trust the LOS bra!

dude, i’m not your bra!

demonstrate?

It may be surprising, but I have never even looked at the LOS for any level thus far. I actually just skip over reading it. I just make sure I am able to do any of the questions I can find.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It may be surprising, but I have never even looked > at the LOS for any level thus far. I actually just > skip over reading it. > > I just make sure I am able to do any of the > questions I can find. yeah, that was me in level 2. sometimes i didn’t even know the material was labelled optional. i moved to a more LOS-focussed approach, but cash-carry has me questioning that. and i do look at almost everything. although i can think of two formulae that i just gave up on. one in particular.

I like to go through the original CFAI LOS and determine which have high and low probability of showing up. I am able to eliminate about a third that way, and then I focus only the remaining key ones. I find it more effective - maximum bang for the buck. Unfortunately CFAI has introduced a lot of tracking error around these on L3.