Try to guess the passing score

I congratulate the people who passed, I know I’ll get there. I failed band 10 so I currently have nothing to do but ask myself the “what if’s.” So I made a little game in the hopes of entertaining myself from my frustration with the whole vagueness of the scoring process. Whoever Mr. or Mrs Angoff is, they will not be receiving a christmas card from me. I have three score charts posted here. Two of them are passing scores, and one of them is a failing score (mine). To prevent any disclosure or sourcing violations (haha) I did not include any screen names, I just simply pasted 2 passing charts that were already posted. Is the failing score chart 1, chart 2, or chart 3? Chart 1) Item SetQ#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments8*-- -Corporate Finance20-*- -Derivatives12*-- -Economics24-*- -Equity Investments24–* -Ethical & Professional Standards36–* -Financial Reporting & Analysis48–* -Fixed Income Investments28-*- -Portfolio Management12–* -Quantitative Methods28*-- Chart 2) Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - - * - Corporate Finance 20 - - * - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - - * - Equity Investments 24 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 - - * - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 * - - Chart 3) Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - * - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

I’m guessing chart 2.

Based on my calcs of the posters here, passing score was below 69 and above 64.

I think below 69 is low at that score i expect more pass rate-so, i think its above 70

trying to compare two of those charts won’t yield much information if any. With those ranges that high 2 people with idnetical charts could have vastly different scores.

redskins44 has the failing chart…so once people guess and dont pick his, he will start to complain that he should have passed thus turning into a qqqbee situation again. he will then proceed to email john rogers 30 times.

Well, the important thing is that you passed.

You can’t compare if you don’t have exact grades unless you sit the maximum for each of the passing charts and the worst for the failing chart then calculate the total and incorporate the ethics adjustment (if needed) and compare it with MPS - only then you can compare results :slight_smile:

Ultimately the charts don’t mean frak. What really matters is how many you got correct in total. As long as you’re at 168/240 (70%), you should be fairly safe.

yodacaia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Based on my calcs of the posters here, passing > score was below 69 and above 64. I also crunched some figures and found a similar range…except I’m getting a minimum MPS of 66.67 An AFer here got a band 10 … all scores in the +70 range except for Alt (-50) and Quant (50-70). So lowest he/she could have got is 160/240 (66.67) Alternative Investments 0/8 Corporate Finance 14/20 Derivatives 9/12 Economics 17/24 Equity Investments 17/24 Ethical & Professional Standards 26/36 Financial Reporting & Analysis 34/48 Fixed Income Investments 20/28 Portfolio Management 9/12 Quantitative Methods 14/28 So 67 to 69. That’s just scary.

“redskins44 has the failing chart…so once people guess and dont pick his, he will start to complain that he should have passed thus turning into a qqqbee situation again. he will then proceed to email john rogers 30 times.” To CFAcountry Howdy. Did you discover that my chart was the one that failed all by yourself, or did that hidden clue of me stating that “I failed” help you? If you read the post where everyone posted their scores then you would obviously know what my chart looked like, but I applaud your dective skills nonetheless. I thought that I might have a little fun with being frustrated on just missing a passing score. I thought it may also help those who havn’t taken the exam yet to see that you really do need to get close to a 70 to pass. My intention was not to complain. I didn’t email john rodgers, or anyone else for that matter, 30 times. I worked hard, and I didn’t pass. It happens. You making smart a$$ comments about someone who didn’t quit get the MPS is pretty lame. Congragulations on your excellence.

@redskins - u must not know the qqqbee saga

No I don’t have any idea what that is. I thought qqqbee was some formula I forgot on quant which is why I failed that section.