trying to decide between LSU and Tennessee for b-school...

Maybe this will help me… http://www.smashsouthsports.org/forums/showthread.php?t=788 not sure whether everyone’s seen it yet…

I cannot believe I’m going to say this, but I have to pull for UT. The rumor is a UT win puts LSU in Cotton and Arkansas drops to Music City. Thus, Kentucky goes to Peach. Otherwise UK goes back to Music City or even falls to, gulp, Liberty. I hate UK football.

I wonder what bowl game Carolina will be playing in?

I’m with you for some weird reason. I just hate LSU, probably because of Les Miles… I think they can do it to. Also (hair-brained crackpot scheme warning), I think a LSU loss keeps Illinois out of the top 14 BCS, so if Ok beats Missouri, the Dawgs are a lock to take on USC in the Rose Bowl… Keep your NC, I’ll take playing USC on their home turf(and hoping we can shock the world…). Yeah tough loss last weekend, the whole world almost cried after the blocked field-goal… Also, no way Fulmer beat Mangino in Sumo wrestling…

The sting from that loss ranks up there with the 1992 NCAA tourney game against Duke. The blocked field goal was just one of many plays that went in UT’s favor. Never seen a more lucky team. I’m just very thankful I did not make it down for the game…not sure I could have tolerated the UT fans. UGA has a very good chance at the Rose if Missouri losses and Hawaii beats Washington. I think Hawaii ends up in the Sugar against the LSU/UT winner.

Definitely agree…

I really hope LSU loses both games left in the season, so Les Miles loses the Michigan job and has to face his fanbase after being an NC contender, then failing to make a BCS bowl… Could you imagine if LSU played UM in the Cap-1 or something?

I really liked the idea of the BCS chapionship when we had, say, three undefeated major conference schools. This year, I think the whole thing is kind of feeble. No matter who gets the national championship, it won’t be much of a stand-out (btw - on any given day there are 20 teams out there that could beat a team like Missouri).

UT should have lost to both UK and Vandy. I don’t know if they reached the championship game by fate or whatever, but I think they have a shot at LSU. What does LSU have left to play for? Where will there motivation be? They lost the right to play in the national championship game and most likely, Less Miles is leaving the school. Glenn Dorsey is hurt. If LSU shows up motivated and ready to play, I will be impressed. That being said, who knows if Tennessee will show up either. Hopefully, the UT team that played Bama earlier in the season won’t be there.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I really liked the idea of the BCS chapionship > when we had, say, three undefeated major > conference schools. This year, I think the whole > thing is kind of feeble. No matter who gets the > national championship, it won’t be much of a > stand-out (btw - on any given day there are 20 > teams out there that could beat a team like > Missouri). I’m in the middle of an argument on my UGA message board about why beating USC in the Rose Bowl would be significantly more memorable than playing in the MNC game. This year is the polar opposit of Texas beating USC… GoVols: I’m really not convinced LSU has played with any motivation since Les Miles started there. Man, how bad is that chop block from Auburn on Dorsey looking right now? He really hasn’t finished strong…

ahahah: I agree. I don’t think Less Miles is all that. I hope he stays at LSU. That hit on Dorsey was pretty dirty. That is ashame. I think a healthy Dorsey would have made a difference against Ark.

So what do you think happens if LSU loses the SECCG, and Michigan backs off Les Miles? Will LSU let him run their program into the ground? If you were there AD do you fire him for p!$$ing away a team that could have won the BCS? (Buyout considerations aside…)

Maybe I am way off, but if I was LSU, I would hire Houston Nutt. He did good things at Ark. with limited talent during most of his tenure there. (3 SEC champ. games) I do think Less Miles will end up in Ann Arbor regardless of the outcome tomorrow, which would not be a good thing for MI. I think Lloyd Carr is a better coach than Miles, but ya gotta beat OSU occasionally!

Ole Miss has actually scooped up Houston Nutt already. Oh well, there’s still Coach O.

Wonder if LSU would try and lure Petrino back to college. Boy did the Falcons job blow up in his face. And even better for UK, Louisville got Kragthorpe.

My bad, I haven’t seen sportscenter for a few days so I didn’t hear about Nutt. That is a good pickup for Ole Miss, but I just wonder if Nutt could have gotten something better. Maybe LSU should hire the Louisiana-Monroe coach. Roll Tide…

On behalf of Eric Ainge and all of us Tennessee fans out there, I just wanted to send out a big “Your Welcome” to our friends down in the bayou. It was truely our pleasure to hand you an SEC title and the opportunity to beat down OSU for the national title.

That was brutal… At times I convinced myself that Eric Ainge was the best QB in the SEC during that game, but then he was polite enough to correct me… I really hate LSU (really just Les Miles). Even though they’re an SEC team, I hope they get blown out by OSU. Remind Michigan of what they we’re salivating over all year…

As bitter as I am, I still have to pull for the SEC. I wouldn’t mind to see an OSU beatdown at the hands of an SEC school two years in a row, even if that means pulling for LSU this year and FL last year. The life of a UT fan…

I have never had any problem pulling for LSU. It will be interesting to see how good Les is over the next few years. I have a feeling Tiger fans are going to be ready to throw him in front of the truck in two or three years.