Tsunami

First, my heart goes out to those in Japan or with family and friends in Japan. Watching the videos of the tsunami last night were heartwrenching. Given the strength of their economy I have no doubt they will bounce back quickly. I’m surprised at the size of the selloff today. It looks like a buying opportunity to me. Anyone see anything interesting given the sell-off? I’m thinking big profits for the big industrials, and high future profits as the government will inevitably increase investment in disaster preparedness. Long Japanese infastructure stocks like Kawasaki, Hitachi, Mitsubishi?

I’ve decided to go long on Unilever Japan, because I’ve heard that thousands of people are washing up on the beach there.

I sold out of the money calls on a number of insurers

I’ve shorted “Tide” detergent.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve shorted “Tide” detergent. Just stop.

What? Too soon? /sorry it’s the adderall

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What? Too soon? > > /sorry it’s the adderall You’re not funny.

Long Glass and Steel – nippon

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve shorted “Tide” detergent. this wasnt even funny even if it wasnt too soon. negged you phag

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve decided to go long on Unilever Japan, because > I’ve heard that thousands of people are washing up > on the beach there. I’m ashamed of myself, but I had to chuckle at that one. The Tide one is a little weak though.