Tutor in Hong Kong for All Levels

I passed all levels within 2.5 years and got my charter in 2006. Anyone interested in hiring a private tutor for the upcoming June intake? I can do full time in Hong Kong. Please call +852 9316 4850 to discuss.

how much do you charge?

Was waiting for this day to arrive. Finally, the best evidence that CFA charter is but just another piece of paper.

you mean a meal ticket?

if you consider giving “private cfa tuition” a meal tickect, then sure. I apologize for the lack fo clarity in the previous post. What I meant to say is the clear and constant devaluation of the CFA charter. WHen a charterholder tries to increase his income by offering private tuition, it must surely be a sign of the charter’s lack of value.

maybe he’s in ibanking already and is looking for additional income. 24/7, anyone?

Clearly you are a novice.

give the guy a break and hear him out at least. Some people have a passion for teaching others the material.

Passion? Hahahahhahahhaa This forum continues to behave in an amusingly naive manner.

Passion? Hahahahhahahhaa This forum continues to behave in an amusingly naive manner. i rest my case

i love you, you love me, every body loves barney!

Got Charter = has work experience Wants to tutor = has time on his hands Perhaps a laid off financial worker? Or they simply don’t pay enough in HK for finance positions. Then again, private tutors in HK probably makes more than MDs of middle market ibanking (I’m for real, good ones easily pulls in millions per year in USD)

maybe he was recently laid off or something, and didn’t have an money saved up for reserved as he has taken a bit too many trips to Macau and blew it all. Thereby needing any source of income and didn’t feel like working at Pizza Hut. (omg Pizza Hut is expensive in HK… fyi )

Remember that teaching CFA material counts as acceptable work experience, so I don’t think it’s a bad idea if you are still needing to rack up 48 months of experience for the Charter. I don’t know if that’s peteryao’s reason behind it, or what CFAI will require as proof that you’re doing it, but it isn’t such a bad thing for the right people.

That’s a great reason. The “passion for teaching” is a great reason. “Lonely” is a fine reason. “Because he wants to and it’s none of propanol’s damn business” is the best reason.

I’d love to teach someday actually…I enjoy passing on knowledge. I admit this industry doesn’t normally lend itself to that…

i totally agree with Halifax… maybe he’s just passionate about teaching? there’s nothing wrong with that is there? i’ve been a high school maths tutor for the past 7 years and love it… hopefully someday i can also become a CFA tutor…

There’s alot of smart people working at Schweser and Stalla who I think have pretty good careers and coin. They could be working in industry but choose not to.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Remember that teaching CFA material counts as > acceptable work experience, so I don’t think it’s > a bad idea if you are still needing to rack up 48 > months of experience for the Charter. I don’t > know if that’s peteryao’s reason behind it, or > what CFAI will require as proof that you’re doing > it, but it isn’t such a bad thing for the right > people. I hope after reading the above post, Propanol feels like as much of a fool as he really is.