TV Shows - What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

When does Silicon Valley start back up? I thought soon. Love me some Erlich Bachman and Gilfoyle.

It’s coming back next month. It’ll be following The Leftovers instead of GoT this year.

And, as I mentioned in another thread, everyone should binge watch The Leftovers. Good stuff.

Ok, so I really enjoy this show. I put it on my “guilty pleasure” list because it really is just pure entertainment. Definitely nothing that will make you think.

FX: The Americans

HBO: Leftovers, GoT

AMC: Better Call Saul

All are great. I used to marathon so much TV but have tried to narrow it down to quality over quantity and am left with the above. I really miss Justified and Mad Men :frowning:

Currently watching Planet Earth II on BBC America and it… it fucking rules.

No shows for now (any spare time after work and baby goes to studying). But will get on GOT in July. Perfect timing too.

I love Greenman’s posts on AF. He just seems so sad and honest. “My wife won’t let me watch…”

cant agree with this enough, STL you have good taste between this and Bojack. The first 2 episodes are kind of slow and it takes a while but power through it and youll be rewarded. Then go back and watch the first few episodes and see how much you missed. Fantastic show.

As for me not really watching much right now:

Been enjoying Fresh off the boat on ABC, Asian American family in Orlando, interesting family very funny if you are or know asians.

Other than that awaiting the returns of most of my netflix shows:

Peaky Blinders, F is for Family, Stranger Things, Bojack Horseman, Wet Host American Summer: First Day of Camp (watching 34 year olds play high schooler characters they played years ago was hilarious)

Really pumped for Planet Earth 2, trying to wait for it to hit Netflix but not sure I have the patience

Yes, but the goodwill accumulated through 100 old timey down-to-earth comments is immediately destroyed by one comment about ass towel or peeing in the sink.

^oooh yah! i forgot about those posts. At a happy hour I asked my co-workers how often they washed their towels/sheets and the standard answer was about 5-7 days.

What the hell Greenman!

Yeah Silicon Valley is hilarrrious good show. I’m watching billions as well. Season 2 is as good as the first.

I’m thinking of watching Monster, the anime, again. Very good. Watched hannibal recently. Also very good. I actually made some of the food from it. Very inspirational. Also been watching a lot of frontline and charlie rose. Apparently theres a second season of mushi shi out so I need to check that out.

Monster - def one of my Top 5 animes and shows.

Second season fo mushi-shi is ehh, i guess 4 stars? First one was def the best

We’ve been watching Vikings, it’s like a sh!t version of game of thrones

if you have Kodi, check out Taboo starring Tom Hardy. Best TV from the uk in a long time.

First 3 seasons of Vikings were amazing. The last one was a huge let down. They killed the show IMO.

Currently watching Black Sails. It’s very good.

Totally re: monster. For anyone thinking of watching it though, which I highly recommend, watch in japanese with subtitles.

Also, another recommendation for anyone… been watching Twin Peaks. Very good… but maybe don’t watch past the ending of the first season.

Have you seen any of Poirot? Or the english version of house of cards? The old bbc version of Sherlock Holmes is good (1984 version). Luther could be interesting, but haven’t checked it out yet. A good movie to check out is magnetic rose. And if you’re in to manga, you may be interested in uzumaki. Good series. Guessing you’ve already gone through ghost in the shell, death note and watchmen. Also, for anyone looking for a quick little thing to watch, check this out, alone:

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkXIgBHk8Q]

haven’t finished vikings, still on season 2 or 3. The Last Kingdom is a bit formulaic but based on a very cool book series.

Original Twin Peaks was awesome until they went crazy in the last episode… I heard there was a remake in the works?

I’ve been Netflixing ST: TNG. hard to believe that show is almost 30 years old. Some pretty interesting commentary on humanity there.

Are you serious? Poirot and the old Sherlock Holmes? It’s like recommending the Columbo box set. Dude, get with the 21st century please.

Ya I guess you’re right maybe we need more law and order and maybe greys anatomy

But for real, newer doesn’t make tv better. There are plenty of good older shows that people may not be familiar with. Theres also a dearth of middling stuff out there being produced these days. Poirot and the old sherlock are classics, very well made. Its a rare show that really has such quality as sherlock or true detective. Now just to spite you, I’m gonna check out Columbo because I’d not heard of it before.

Kojak and the Rockford Files were great too.