UCLA Anderson Starts MFE program

http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x17276.xml

That would be fun. I loved living in Santa Monica and hanging out at UCLA 20 years ago…

apparently one of the top guys from Berkeley’s MFE went over to UCLA and started the program.

>>apparently one of the top guys from Berkeley’s MFE went over to UCLA and started the program Francis Longstaff (of interest rate model fame) is a big name, and it’s a good school in a great place. Be interesting to see if they can get good placement

MFE market as inflated as IT market was prior to .com boom

Tuition is only 50,000$ for a 12 month program…what a steal!!

The curriculum seems pretty shallow for $50000 in one year !! Plus it’s full-time only ? Are we supposed to quit our jobs for the opportunity … ?

thae the established mfe program at cmu

Why not quit your job for it? its a steal for 1 year program.

CFAMaven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tuition is only 50,000$ for a 12 month > program…what a steal!! $50,000 for 12 months? Geez…maybe I ought to open U of Joey MFE program…

wow 50k just for tuition… ivy’s are cheap! my one year program all in was $43k

Is there some sort of “rule-of-thumb” salary expectation that $50k worth of tuition implies you’ll earn?

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there some sort of “rule-of-thumb” salary > expectation that $50k worth of tuition implies > you’ll earn? i was shocked when i heard what architects make after 3year of school…look it up, i’m still shocked.

I know ppl that went to Berk’s MFE. about 50k a year. From what he told me, most of his classmates got jobs thats at least 6 figs. Working 8-5 too. One smart dude got an offer for 200k+ So i think 50k is lil if it adds that much value to you.

to follow up on ancietnmtk http://mfe.berkeley.edu/employ_2007.html

MFE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > virginCFAhooker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Is there some sort of “rule-of-thumb” salary > > expectation that $50k worth of tuition implies > > you’ll earn? > > > i was shocked when i heard what architects make > after 3year of school…look it up, i’m still > shocked. My son (who just got an 800 on his math SAT’s, I am so proud) is applying to architecture schools.

Are there any forums like this for the MFE? any decent programs on the east coast? or maybe at chicago?

MFE Wrote: > i was shocked when i heard what architects make > after 3year of school…look it up, i’m still > shocked. Im curious…what do they make? (sources…) From what I have just looked up, you can make 50-60k after 3 years (comparable to a finance undergrad - no IB stuff), and a lot of places require master’s degree to practice architecture… So it aint that special…

I recall hearing that architects make less than teachers – too lazy to research this tho.

i think it was an april fools joke…