Undercover Boss

Not a bad show so far. I recall hearing that Bill Gates will drop by his call centers from time to time to pick up the phone and get the real scoop on his products. This was one reason Microsoft became successful in the 90s. Bill wrote ‘Business at the Speed of Thought’ afterwords to describe his bottom up management style.

I felt badly for the manager who got called out for docking pay of people who were a few minutes late. Although if you noticed, the lady ran and clocked back in and then went right back to lunch…

CzarHC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I felt badly for the manager who got called out > for docking pay of people who were a few minutes > late. Although if you noticed, the lady ran and > clocked back in and then went right back to > lunch… Yeah, I noticed that too. And good for the guy that got to fire the COO

The show looked staged beyond belief. Esp that Jacklyn story, I mean who invites a new worker for dinner at their house on his first day?

It was obviously staged. And also an obvious appeal to the blue collar workers who want to have a voice to the executives of their respective companies.

I heard the CEO of a very prominent investment bank in NYC is going undercover to work in Operations (location outside of New York City)

Wiki says there will be only 5 shows in first season and no financial firm.

they should have Warren Buffett become a production line worker at Coca-Cola, lol

Ive seen the british version of this show, it was on the air plane back to oz. Not bad, guy went undercover and worked in a pub that was for sale.

“Look Warren, you need to keep up. The bottles coming off the line is not going to pack themselves into the box. You are probably better off going back to the farm in Omaha.”