Understanding the Crisis in the Markets: A Panel of Harvard Experts

FYI September 25, 2008 Dear alumni and friends, I invite you to join us Thursday, September 25, for a live webcast of a special panel discussion entitled “Understanding the Crisis in the Markets: A Panel of Harvard Experts.” We are fortunate to have on campus some of the nation’s leading scholars and practitioners in finance, policy, law, and other fields relevant to the current situation, and several of them have generously agreed to participate in a special session for the Harvard community to help us understand and interpret recent developments in the U.S. and world markets. The panel will begin at 4:00 p.m. EST and will include the following faculty members: Robert Kaplan, Professor of Management Practice Jay Light, Dwight P. Robinson, Jr. Professor of Business Administration and Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration Gregory Mankiw, Robert M. Beren Professor of Economics Robert Merton, John and Natty McArthur University Professor Kenneth Rogoff, Thomas D. Cabot Professor of Public Policy Elizabeth Warren, Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law (To Be Confirmed) I hope, that you will take advantage of this opportunity to hear from some of Harvard’s leading experts by visiting this link . The webcast will not be password-protected and will be recorded and made available for future viewing. Real Player is required. With all best wishes, Drew G. Faust President and Lincoln Professor of History

http://post.harvard.edu/links/link.cgi?l=402955&h=228776&r=HAA-20080925111622

cool

And I just realized that my sound card has yet to be installed. So you’ll have to let me know how it is.

Interested to see what Merton says about irresponsible finance. Side note: his father was a sociologist who coined the term “self-fulfilling prophecy.”