unless

Today is my 999th day as a member of analystforum.com, and this will be the last of my 1313 posts - many of them fearful, tired, and desperate. You were family, and I will treasure every hour spent here, learning alongside some of this world’s best. There has been a slow trickle or regulars leaving the forum, and today, with the rain coming down in sunny South Florida, it’s time for me to go. The pledge is in good hands - my work here is done. I’m off now to make the most of this gift, the charter. And to guide me… “The Lorax.” ---------------------------------------------------------------- Then we saw the tree fall… the very last truffula tree of them all. No more trees. No more thneeds. No more work to be done. And in no time, my uncles and aunts, everyone, had all waved me goodbye and jumped into their cars, and drove away under the smoke-smothered stars. Now, all that was left 'neath the bad-smelling sky was my big, empty factory, the Lorax, and I. The Lorax said nothing. Just gave me a glance. Just gave me a very sad, sad backward glance… as he LIFTED himself by the seat of his pants, and I’ll never forget the grim look on his face when he hoisted himself and took leave of this place through a hole in the smog without leaving a trace! And all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with one word. “Unless?” Yes. “Unless.” What’s an unless? Just a far away word/just a far away thought… A thought about what? About something I ought? Well… A thought about something that somebody ought/a thought about something… that somebody… ought. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing’s going to get better. It’s not.

It’s been a good run ilvino. Thanks for all your contributions. Your pledge has been an integral part of my pre-exam routine for the past two years. Keep it real.

you leave behind a legacy. the pledge. how awesome is that? thanks for all your help over the years…

the torch will stay lit ilvino. congrats bud.

My worldview and lack of courage never allowed me to sign the pledge, but in homage: I, mwvt9, passed L III in june of 2009 much in part to ilvino. It was great to meet you. I hope we stay in touch.

I, Black Swan, will pass L IV in June of 200X. Love you guys, drop me a line. Q. Benjamin Hershey q.benjamin@gmail.com