Up in NYC for a few days - how does the US open work?

Hey all. So I’m going to be spending a few days in NYC before I head off on a faraway vacation. Arriving Sept. 5 and leaving the 9th. Since the US Open is going on that weekend/week I was looking into tickets for the Sunday or Monday I’m there, so the Round of 16. I’ll be at work on the Tuesday and Wednesday, so no day sessions unless I come down with some mysterious illness and call in sick…

Is it best to get a grounds pass, or tickets to the specific stadiums? Halp me! Otherwise I’m just going to spend time sneaking cold beer around Central Park and reading/people watching. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I would buy a grounds pass for the round of 16 matches. You can see some fantastic matchups on the outside courts as not everybody can play on Arthur Ashe. You can also watch the top guys practice up close which can be really cool. The US Open is a great event - have a great time.

I’ve not been myself, but have had several friends say basically exactly what thommo77 said.

be prepared for waiting in long lines. Labor Day weekend is the worst time to go there. You should go the first couple days.

Ill be in nyc 8/31 & 9/1 if any of you big dogs need ss research lmk