Update when you started and how much you are done..

Just remember that easier questions can sometimes pop up, too. Done to trip you up and make you overthink.

Date Started: 06th of August

Topics Covered:

1- Ethics: Read it once and only did EOC questions, need to go through it again

2- Quants: Read it 3 times, Did all EOC, did all Concept checkers and self Test + Secret Sauce

3- Economics: Read the whole book twice, Did all EOC, did all Concept checkers and self test + Secret Sauce

4- FRA: Did SS7 + 60 questions from qbank and all concept checkers and EOC, Currently half way through SS8 ( Doing “Understanding Cash flow statements tonight”)

Background: UG degree in Accounting and Finance, and having a masters degree in International Financial Analysis coming up

EXTRA Question #1- How do I feel about my progress? Good, however I always tend to forget small details in Economics and FRA

Extra Question #2 - What is my plan for the rest of this month? Cover FRA by the 20th of September (Prefet to finish earlier though), Spend 9 days to revise and do practice questions on all the topics covered so far, then carry on with the rest.

Best of luck everyone,

Date Started: 06th of August

Topics Covered:

1- Ethics: Read it once and only did EOC questions, need to go through it again

2- Quants: Read it 3 times, Did all EOC, did all Concept checkers and self Test + Secret Sauce

3- Economics: Read the whole book twice, Did all EOC, did all Concept checkers and self test + Secret Sauce

4- FRA: Did SS7 + 60 questions from qbank and all concept checkers and EOC, Currently half way through SS8 ( Doing “Understanding Cash flow statements tonight”)

Background: UG degree in Accounting and Finance, and having a masters degree in International Financial Analysis coming up

EXTRA Question #1- How do I feel about my progress? Good, however I always tend to forget small details in Economics and FRA

Extra Question #2 - What is my plan for the rest of this month? Cover FRA by the 20th of September (Prefet to finish earlier though), Spend 9 days to revise and do practice questions on all the topics covered so far, then carry on with the rest.

Best of luck everyone,

I flipped through Ethics but am basically starting today…

I’ll have some catching up to do. First, I need to use and abuse Oktoberfest like a red-headed step child and then I’ll get serious in October. Setting sail for fail…

Hi everyone,

Started: Sept 1

Covered so far:

• Ethics: read the schweser notes, finished about 50% of Q-Bank, doing around 80% by now

• Quant: read around 50%, did only some Q-Bank and hope to finish it by Sunday

Background: Finance & Banking

The plan is to do more or less one reading per day after work and two readings on Saturday and Sunday. Q-Bank I do mostly at work :wink: That should give me most of November to review and focus on mock exams.

Good luck to everbody!

Started: August 1

Covered FRA and Ethics so far; am 50% through Quant.

I am not a fan of quant–though I never enjoyed statistics courses so I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise. I try and study for 1-2 hours when I get home from work and then 5 hours Saturday and Sunday. I thought I would be getting through the material quicker but it is an incredibly difficult transition to go from work to study mode–I am about to try and stay late at the office but when I’m here I feel the urge to do actual work-work.

I break out some Q-bank every now and then (schweser has an app for ethics) when I’m just laying around or need a break from quant (I really, REALLY do not like quant; it’s boring and filled with funny shapes).

Background: Finance and Economics

Hey Guys, I have been doing about 8 hrs per week since the end of May.

I will likely finish the fixed income section tonight and then AI and Derivatives next week using the CFAI books. I plan to then either re do the EOC questions, Take a test or do like 10 Q bank questions from each reading to try and establish a “benchmark for each section”

I am going take a couple weeks away from the material in the end of september and them move to questions, practice tests.

I wonder how long it will take to do all of the EOC’s consequtively 20 hours?

Start date/month: May

Topics covered: FR, Quant, Economics

Background: Finance

All the best guys !

Thanks everyone for your posts.

I agree, it is very challenging to swtich from work to study mode!

I’ve been trying my best since June. Must mention I couldn’t do much for 3 weeks in august.

I’m done with 3/4th of FRA; half of Quant, in a bad shape.

However, I do think I will be able to pull through. Planning to finish the rest of FRA, quant and Economics and FIncome in the next four weeks. Then the rest in the next four weeks. Which will leave me 4 weeks for practise problems.

Good Luck!

I’m getting farther behind all the time. Currently finished partway through economics. I took a while with statistics because I hate that but figure its important groundwork. Now I found out next week I’m leaving town for 2 weeks to do field experience (meaning zero chance to study). The good news is when I get back I’ll have 6 days off, so I’m thinking finish econ before I leave and do FRA in that (7 with thanksgiving) days off. Still behind schedule, but after that everything except maybe corp. finance should be a breeze. As long as I’m done the readings with 3 weeks to revise I’ll have met my deadline. Moving the books into the office has helped a huge amount, but I’ve still lost all my weekends since July due to social commitments. Am definately rethinking rushing into L2 for '13 though, might just do FRM to keep me going with less time crunch with L2 in '14.

Start date/month: June 15ish

Topics covered: Quant, Equity Investments, Port. Management, Corp. Finance, Econ

I’ve done the Schweser readings and EOC.

I am skipping around a lot and doing topics that I feel like doing at the time. Not looking forward to ethics but I am going to dive into it next. I plan to go through most of the Qbank the last month as well.

fwiw, ethics was a helluva lot easier than anything else imo

Started something time in August but I’ve been slacking. Finished Ethics and 50% of Quan. Not feeling it one bit.

Start date/month: August 1

Topics covered: Ethics, Equity Investments, Port. Management, Corp. Finance, Derivatives

I am done with 3/4th of quants and FRA…currenty doing Economics…busy working schedule doesn’t help with reading but trying to make up maximum time for reading… getting paranoid as the days pass by!

Paranoia? Haha, tell me about it. And the big countdown on top of the AF website doesn’t help! Ahhh, only 80 day to go!

@youreskimofriend

lol yeah the countdown at the top makes me nervous… good luck with the reading! :slight_smile:

@oliverk120

Thanks for your input.

going to have a go at FRA soon. then quants. (the mock exam)

I’m in for a crazy ride until December. despite my best efforts to pull out time I am only done with 3/4th of FRA and half of quants. that really scares me. I know I can go fast with econ, corp fin, FIncome.

Hopefully I can pull through.

Quants done, 1/2 ethics and 1/2 econmomics done…

Background : Non finance

Loaded with projects at work…its challenging but still will give my best !

80 days to go…

Somehow motivated myself to study late last night, now I’ll be done economics on friday, qbank practice on the weekend, then onto FRA. I sure hope its easier to retain than econ was (which was my major :stuck_out_tongue: )