Update when you started and how much you are done..

I have not started as I’m sitting for June exam. When should i start?

Worst time EVER to get sick! I’ve been going at half speed since Saturday due to a stomach bug. It’s awful and put me behind schedule in both work and studying (so much for those off days)–I’ve finished Ethics, FRA and 75% done with Quant.

Everyone make sure to get your flu shots and take your vitamins! The stress from feeling unprepared doesn’t help the recovery process.

It’s been about a month, so here’s an update:

Started August 7th.

Finished Quant, Econ, and 3/4 of FRA (holy poop, do taxes suck bad)

I’m reading the CFA texts and doing the EOCs, sometimes the Schweser notes and concept checkers for readings I struggle with. Also I’ve done 400+ QBank questions. Feeling good so far, but I can’t wait to finish FRA.

If you aren’t from a finance/accounting background, you are working full-time and you have family commitments then start from today.

Exactly where I am now too. I’ve got 2.5 weeks in New York coming up where I plan to do nothing but study. For now, I’m looking forward to ripping it up at Oktoberfest and getting all of my party out. I hope to just crush the material in 3-4 weeks and then spend 4 weeks with 1-2 hours each night reviewing. Not sure how it’s going to go yet…

I am a business grad (2006), but not Finance. I also got C’s in Finance and Accounting. Funny how my interests have changed so much over time that I want to tackle this beast of a designation now.

Started August 6th and just finished Schweser Book 1. I just registered for the exam on Sept. 12 so my pocket is hurting and starting this weekend I am full speed ahead. For some reason the quant stuff is not sticking and all those formulas I did in college. Doing a 50 question QBank exam on quants after work and plan to get through first three chapters of economics by Sunday.

@nigelnyc

I hear you man, learning those formulas is a b^&%. See if this helps at all:

Quant Sheet

All Quant Formulas

Started around mid of June, Fixed income, AI and equity still remaining.

Planning to rap up everything by the end of october in order to get a month time for revisions and mocks.

What about you guys?

Hey Folks,

Just finished the CFAI curriculum and celebrated by writting The Kapaln Vol1 Morning Practice test.

Scored 63% which I was very happyw ith considering that is just a cold write with no studying or review and some of the material is 5 months old now.

I am planning to take a week or two off because I am moving and then go hard for about 7 weeks and finish this off. I have decided to organize my study plan, by looking at absolute exam weights, adjusted for how I have done on this mock and then I will focus where the most marks are still available.

P.S. I was suprised with how few calculations were required for this exam.

Hello everyone,

a quick update-

Been doing more and more practise questions-CFA, Schweser and 7City

FRA: Almost done

Quants: Half done (aiming for the other half this weekend)

FI: One more reading to go.

Still have a whole load to go, hopeful to get all reading done by end of Oct, with usual EOCs and PP

and spend November with mocks. sounds reasonable?

oh gosh these posts make me feel like i aint doing any studying!!

well i started end of June 2012

attend classes for at least 1hr everyday Mon-Fri then an extra hour when i get home

Schweser QBank 120 questions mock every weekend

I have covered 5/6 volumes only left with Portfolio management

i rely heavily on Schweser material but from next week i will be focusing on the CFAI EOC questions just to make sure i have all bases covered.

i just wanted to know how effective studying at work is. obviously you are shifting your attention between studies and work but do you get effective study done? i dont want to try it, afraid of false sense of understanding and when i get home i tell myself i spent 2hrs total studying at work, my brain is also tired so its enough for the day…

i like to believe i need to dedicate time to proper intense study without other disturbances… but i guess different study techniques apply for different people…

@ leanobabitse

Take it the other way… This thread helps me get going.

I can’t study much between work (its different if your works isn’t demanding), but I keep some practice questions open, and while I wait for a report to run or something to save, I quickly do a question, if not the numerical one, I squeeze in the theory ones.

But the point is to not count the time on these. My mind tricked me a lot into believing I’m too tired for the day in the earlier stage of studying. I now mechanically hit the library directly from work, where I see many people with their books (possibly studying after work) which pulls me in the form.

Good luck with studying. Hope we can all make it.

I’ve read trough everything except derivatives and AI and the tax part in FRA was clearly the worst part of the curriculum so far…

What would be a score that can be considered enough to pass the real exam? I think in Qbank only the advanced level question have the same difficulty as the exam - who are the mock exams of Kaplan/Schweser compared to that?

How can you do 120 questions on QBank? Mine is limited to 100 questions.

I am getting there…just finished economics and starting Financial Reporting.