Uppermark vs Schweser

HK3, somehow I keep getting error messages when I try to email to you - “permanent fatal errors at the address”

I have 2009 Schweser CAIA L2 material (Study notes & Exams) and would like to exchange it for 2009 CAIA L1 material (Schweser or Uppermarks). I live in London so please respond only if you can meet in person or happy to exchange thru Royal mail. Mods - I hope that I’m not violating any forums rules as these are Original Schweser study guides. Cheers!

Hi to all, for March 2012 Caia Level 1 which one do you suggest? Schweser or Uppermarks? The study material is the same of 2011? Thanks,

patisse, you are in the wrong forum (Level 2 instead of Level 1) and replying to a 2 year old post. try looking in Level 2 section for your answer or creating a new post there. hope that helps… cheers,

Schweser is much better than Uppermark. This is due to better resources they devote to education (i.e. Kaplan). Their materials are almost error-free, whereas Uppermark materials have tons of incorrect sentences and ambiguous remarks. The software is more intuitive for Schweser. Flashcards are higher quality. Quality of instructors measured by both knowledge and delivery is also far superior for Kaplan Schweser. They get back to you right away, but UM takes weeks and sometimes don’t even get back to you. I have taken both courses in the past studying for levels 1 and 2, and I’d heavily recommend Schweser over Uppermark.

Any new updates on the compariosn of these two programs?

Used only Kaplan Schweser for all of my exams to date and passed on first attempt on all of them. Never found any topic on the actual exam day to be completely new or puzzling. CAIA L1 was also a comfortable pass in March 2014. Plan to use Schweser again (hopefully for one final time!) for the CAIA L2 in Sept. I really like their concise and accurate notes, the way they summarize the LO’s and their practice questions after each chapter. I just received the CAIA L2 notes-and the material looks very dry compared to all the other tests I have taken. But I cannot blame Schweser for that one.

But if someone has passed the CFA exams using other providers, I am sure he/she will probably stick to that. It is the comfort and the trust factor.

I have Schweser for L2 from 2013 which I will be using for 2014. I will just get the new articles. Will this suffice?

KKK, I think you should be fine.

2014 curriculum is mostly the same as 2013 - same main text book, with exception of some changes in the articles. There was new edition of supplementary readings in the end of 2013 - they took out some articles and added new ones.

You can probaby find most articles on the web for free.

Thanks Blu2014.

^ Nice name you racist fkkking hatful bigot!!

sorry you feel that way. but i aint no racist.

Im sorry you from Zim

^ I’m sure you can appreciate how your name might attract some attention.

Let’s try to stay on topic, friends. My belief: more people use Kaplan, although more people are happier with UpperMark. The UM packages are more robust and candidates I know who have sampled both thinks the UM problem sets are better preparation for the actual exam.

It would be curious to see how manu people used official CAIA texts instead.

One thing I liked about Schweser - they have summary and questions/answers with explanations after each chapter, something that UMark is lacking. I think that helps with understanding and retaining of the material.

Level 1 - Used the official CAIA textbook for most of the time (and Schweser for review/QBank) and had great results.

Level 2 - Mostly Schweser (and some CAIA) and did okay.

I personally went with Schweser b/c that is what I used with other programs. I was also aware of their tendency to omit or abridge some sections of the curriculum. But that’s the risk with these materials.

Schweser never dissapoints.

100% totally agree…

Schweser Qbank is NOTHING like the real exam, but the notes are good, Uppermark is closer to real CAIA questions… I used schweser for level I and Now using UP for level II

I found the Schweser reading material is better for the CFA program compared to the CAIA program, but in both cases it gets the job done. The Schweser qbank was helpful in getting the concepts down and identifying areas to work on. I think I’ll be adding the qbank from Uppermark for CAIA L2 since it seems like they were pretty helpful to others on this forum.