URGENT EXCEL HELP

Hello In Column A I have Daily MV’s for a portfolio From Jan 01 2010 to March 31 2010 I need to make a line graph showing the daily performance, What Calculation should I put in Column B and which graph should I use ? Thanks !

Is this a serious question ?

it is serious, but extremely poorly worded. after re reading what I wrote, I agree with your comment. it’s too hard to explain but I figured it out

3rdtimesacharm? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello > > In Column A I have Daily MV’s for a portfolio From > Jan 01 2010 to March 31 2010 > > I need to make a line graph showing the daily > performance, > > What Calculation should I put in Column B and > which graph should I use ? > > Thanks ! How did you get your job?

Wow, I am assuming this is sorted in ascending chronilogical order. In cell B2, put = A2/A1 -1. That is your daily performance. Copy that all the way down. The line graph will show daily performance if you reference column B. But may make more sense to show a cumulative return chart. In cell B2 put = A2/$A$1 -1. Copy this down, and this should be the cumulative return through time. A line graph will work for this too.

… and some newbies get offended when they only can find unpaid internships at best.

you wont be passing the 3rd time

4thmaybe5thtimes a charm

bump

I prefer =(A2-A1)/A1 ; don’t ask we why though.

hardcore people use LN(A2/A1)

CardShark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hardcore people use LN(A2/A1) yep thats how i roll, like a BAWS

How does LN as in natural logarithm give you the correct answer? Maybe I’m going to learn something new.