Urgently borrowing level II CFAI books - Washington DC area

Dear all, I just relocated to Washington DC from Europe. My removal company “discovered” that there was a air freight embargo to the US for my personal belongings (including my CFAI books) which are now being shipped by maritime freight. This means I will not have my books on time to study for the upcoming exams. I would like to ask if any level III candidates who are based in Washington DC or surroundings would be so kind to lend me his or her CFAI level II books which will of course be returned as soon as mines arrive, or at latest on June 5 after the exam. The books I need are: Derivatives, Econ, Quant & Portfolio management. Thank you so much for your help!!

sounds like a new type of scam to me.

It is not a scam. It is an urgent request for help, which you dont seem to be willing to bestow. But I am hoping there are more generous minds out there.

If you went to the CFA Society at Washington DC - for student members they lend out the books. I live in Washington DC, but wrote my exam in 2010 and am currently not at DC myself.

Post your email here. I will lend my books…

good luck man. maybe it is legit. hope you find what you need

madamsoleil call Toll Free: +1 888.718.3893 – Washington CFA Society. they say this on the website: http://www.cfawashington.org/Pages/Candidates.aspx We can also help you financially. We offer scholarships for both the CFA exam and our study classes. We provide candidates free-of-charge access to the complete set of CFA Candidate Readings.

madamesoleil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dear all, > > I just relocated to Washington DC from Europe. My > removal company “discovered” that there was a air > freight embargo to the US for my personal > belongings (including my CFAI books) which are now > being shipped by maritime freight. This means I > will not have my books on time to study for the > upcoming exams. I would like to ask if any level > III candidates who are based in Washington DC or > surroundings would be so kind to lend me his or > her CFAI level II books which will of course be > returned as soon as mines arrive, or at latest on > June 5 after the exam. > > The books I need are: Derivatives, Econ, Quant & > Portfolio management. > > Thank you so much for your help!! madamme bouregard, I will lend you mine, Im in the D to the C. Where you at in the DC?

CP, Thanks so much for being always helpful and kind. I went to their webpage and sent an email to borrow book 1 and 6. Hopefully things will work out. Thanks.

the madame of DC??? HEIDI FLEISS!!!