US News B-school rankings

T2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > joemontana Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dartmouth is a target school for a lot of > finance > > jobs to not be top 10. > > > Agreed, I certainly wouldn’t put Berkeley or > Anderson ahead of Tuck. And Harvard at #9 for > finance? Just a thought, but I wonder how much those schools are helped by being in pretty decent finance centers (SF and LA). So the students could do part time internships at funds during the school year, which helps on the job front. Especially given the non-traditional nature of investment mgmt recruiting. HBS at 9 is crazy though…they probably get at least the same jobs at Wharton and Chicago.

All rankings are evil

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > goldenboy09 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > anyone that thinks b school is about learning > > > anything is there for wrong reasons. > > > > > > I forgot to mention that she’s unemployed. I > hope > > she’ll miraculously network her way to a job > and > > pay me back my interest free loan :slight_smile: > > > I dont care. Your issue not mine. My wifes MA in > Ed is paying off just fine. Really? I know a few people who have this degree and I can tell you for them It’s got a massive negative NPV. They also made the mistake of getting this degree from a private school.

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > UCLA at no.7 in finance? What a joke … my > wife > > can’t even tell me who gets paid what in a > plain > > vanilla swap. I guess she’s too busy with her > > group meetings to actually learn something :)) > > > It’s a common misconception (not saying you have > it) that an MBA is a quantitative degree. It > certainly can be, but frequently isn’t. I didn’t say that she could not calculate the payouts, that would be too much to ask for :slight_smile: As for the loan, it’s in good faith, I know it’s probably money down the drain, but it’s all for the kids ( keep the mom happy - > the kids will be happy) .

dude we grew up poor in texas. Top 10% bill… we made money to go to college and grad school…lol

greccoromanwrestler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > HBS at 9 is crazy though…they probably get at > least the same jobs at Wharton and Chicago. That struck me as odd. Perhaps their grads focus on consulting, which hurts their finance placement. I just don’t see how it can truely be that low.

So these MBA from top tier schools aren’t finding jobs? I know its difficult in past 2 years… but during normal times they should be fine right? NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mo34 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > goldenboy09 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > anyone that thinks b school is about > learning > > > > anything is there for wrong reasons. > > > > > > > > > I forgot to mention that she’s unemployed. I > > hope > > > she’ll miraculously network her way to a job > > and > > > pay me back my interest free loan :slight_smile: > > > > > > I dont care. Your issue not mine. My wifes MA > in > > Ed is paying off just fine. > > Really? I know a few people who have this degree > and I can tell you for them It’s got a massive > negative NPV. They also made the mistake of > getting this degree from a private school.

> It’s a common misconception (not saying you have > it) that an MBA is a quantitative degree. It > certainly can be, but frequently isn’t. +1 Finance people seem to forget that only 30% or less of MBA students major in finance. That’s why Wharton and UChicago are not ranked at the top, they are great schools but are kind of one-trick ponies.