US Open Tennis

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nadal is unbelievable. 14-7 vs Federer, 9 grand > slams before the age of 25, Olympic gold medal > winner, Davis cup champion. He has done it all. > If he never wins another match, he will go down as > an all time great. Nadal is really boring to watch :frowning:

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nadal is really boring to watch :frowning: I don’t like his style either but the guy is really effective. The question now is will he pass Federer on GS titles? I find it difficult assuming Fed has maybe one more GS left in the tank, and those knees wont last forever. Will see.

I don’t think he will pass Federer. 16 is a ton of grand slams, plus I don’t think Fed is done yet. I think he will win a couple more. The question is, if Nadal gets to 13 or 14 slams and Fed is at 17 or 18, is Nadal greater than Federer? Most will say no because grand slams is the best measure of greatness and Federer has more than Nadal. However, the other side of the argument is that Nadal is greater than Federer based on his record against Federer, Masters Series titles (Nadal has 18, Fed 17), Olympic Gold and Davis Cup. In addition, Federer was in his prime when Nadal beat him all these times albeit it most of their matches were on clay. However, Nadal beat him in the finals of Australian Open and Wimbledon. 5-2 against Fed in slam finals, 14-7 overall. Tough debate. Fed is definitely greater now, but Nadal could eclipse him. Sampras must be thinking “WTF, where did all my records go”

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think he will pass Federer. 16 is a ton > of grand slams, plus I don’t think Fed is done > yet. I think he will win a couple more. The > question is, if Nadal gets to 13 or 14 slams and > Fed is at 17 or 18, is Nadal greater than Federer? > Most will say no because grand slams is the best > measure of greatness and Federer has more than > Nadal. > > However, the other side of the argument is that > Nadal is greater than Federer based on his record > against Federer, Masters Series titles (Nadal has > 18, Fed 17), Olympic Gold and Davis Cup. In > addition, Federer was in his prime when Nadal beat > him all these times albeit it most of their > matches were on clay. However, Nadal beat him in > the finals of Australian Open and Wimbledon. 5-2 > against Fed in slam finals, 14-7 overall. > > Tough debate. Fed is definitely greater now, but > Nadal could eclipse him. Sampras must be thinking > “WTF, where did all my records go” Who is Sampras?.. Oh… right… Anyhow, it was said to see how Fed scrambled 2 match points. He could’ve easily won if he put his heart into it like Djoks did