US Open Tennis

Hoping for a Federer vs. Nadal final. Any other picks? Murray? Chokabitch? For any tennis fans, you can watch five courts on usopen.org

Anyone see the between the legs shot last night? Insane.

despite that shot fed played awful.

i think a lot of players can go deep into tourney thommo. My pick is on Nadal to make the final. Fed not so sure. Murray and Djoks will make quarters. Cilic might make quarters. Roddick might make quarters and so will soderling. Djoks will make semis.

That shot was crazy! Hoping for Rafa Federer as well. Off to the night session tomm with friends and then the quarterfinals to entertain clients. Should be fun!

I thought Fed looked great last night despite playing a somewhat inferior opponent. He looked confident, aggressive, and back to his imposing best. The fast surface really suits his game. The tweener was great. It looks like he will play either Soderling or Cilic in quarters. Both are dangerous opponents so he will have a tough match either way.

yes, fed was aggressive, but 33 unforced errors? Come on

being aggressive = making more unforced errors. He had 45+ winners so whenever your winners are > unforced errors, you are playing VERY well.

Tennis is fun… kinda like the cfa. you meet someone and tell them you play tennis and they do also. you then get together and play and they kick they crap out of me and i’m like I should not have even walked on the court with this guy. This is how I felt the 1st time I took Level 2. “yeah I’m taking level 2” but I really should have just stayed home

One step closer to dream final: Federer vs. Nadal.

Come on! man up and play some tennis, Fed; damn it!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think a lot of players can go deep into tourney > thommo. My pick is on Nadal to make the final. Fed > not so sure. Murray and Djoks will make quarters. > Cilic might make quarters. Roddick might make > quarters and so will soderling. Djoks will make > semis. good call there csk, good solid call. Bye bye fed :_(

Damn you Djoker…thanks for spoiling my Sunday afternoon…

Fed had 2 match points. Kudos to Djoks for making 2 big winners.

If Nadal wins today I’ll be sick of that endless GOAT discussion arguing that Nadal > Federer even if the GS count would be 9-16.

9 grand slams including a career grand slam before the age of 25 will be impressive. Even Federer must marvel at that achievement. I still think Federer is greater than Nadal with 16 slams vs. 9, but I like Nadal’s chances to get to 13 or 14 slams when it is all said and done.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 9 grand slams including a career grand slam before > the age of 25 will be impressive. Even Federer > must marvel at that achievement. I still think > Federer is greater than Nadal with 16 slams vs. 9, > but I like Nadal’s chances to get to 13 or 14 > slams when it is all said and done. It is just a matter of time before Nadal will be injured again.

Nadal is unbelievable. 14-7 vs Federer, 9 grand slams before the age of 25, Olympic gold medal winner, Davis cup champion. He has done it all. If he never wins another match, he will go down as an all time great.

why was the final not on TV? I wanted to watch it but couldn’t find it on any channels yesterday.

L3BeatIt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why was the final not on TV? I wanted to watch it > but couldn’t find it on any channels yesterday. ESPN2