use of "level ii candidate"

So much love, I love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s interesting that we’ve gotten to the point that human interaction is discouraged. Why ask another human who can answer you in 2 seconds when you can go online and read through lots of boring text for 20 minutes before finding the answer? My resume says “CFA Level 2 Candidate, June 2008”

My resume says “CFA Level II Candidate, June 2009”

I checked the L2 forum about year back, and a good number of the current L2 studs made at least one or two clueless questions on the board. We’ve all been newbies, and this forum has a bit of a harder edge than the L1 forum. It takes a while for the puppies to figure things out. So my unasked for $0.02 is that it’s okay to tweak them, but calling someone a moron/fool/lazy twit, etc… is contrary to the goal of the forum, and probably mean spirited in a way that reflects poorly on many of the people who’ve built up such good reputation. After all, it’s intended to be a community where we help each other to slay this beast. To paraphrase Jim Carrey in Batman Forever: “If you kill them, they won’t learn nuthin”

thank you busprof et. al. im not a newbie and i think it should be ok to ask these type of questions even if someone has to have their forum home page cluttered a bit. i may be wrong about that. but if i am, i am shocked, literally shocked at how upset it gets some people. maybe you should get slightly annoyed but to waste more time actually posting a response to it. and the responses!!! anyway i guess im almost doing the same thing right now but i just have to get this off my chest.

ryanwtyler, ZOMG, I hope a monster eats your first born! (Note: I am just kidding. I don’t believe in monsters. Even if they existed, I wouldn’t want them to eat your first born.)

The man asked a question probably because he was “lazy” (or felt inefficient use of his time) to go through the manual, therefore he sought for the expertise of those brilliant and intelligent people of this forum to enlighten him. Its not a crime, but expect there to be sarcasm because there are people out there who simply enjoy such things. Whether or not you like it is up to you; you can’t stop them, but you can ignore them (aka not fueling them).

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ryan W. Tyler, C.F.A. Level II Designee, Expected > to Be a C.F.A. in 2010, Superior Ability Due to > Passing On First Try. > > Bold, 18 font. farley013 is joking. It’s a joke. Get it? He listed every way that you CAN’T represent yourself. Ha Ha funny funny! Farley, this joke is only funny to those of us who read the CFA level I material. Stop telling jokes to those who didn’t. It’s condescending. Funny, but still condescending. ryanwtyler, I would recommend reading the textbooks as well as the study notes in order to prepare for the L2. Vol. 1 lists multiple ways that you can and cannot represent yourself as a CFA candidate in a two page exhibit (p. 106 & 107).

ryanwtyler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i did read the code of ethics. i did not memorize > it. and i thought asking here would be more > efficient. i had no idea the extreme annoyance i > would cause someone. if i had know i would have > taken a different course. i hope you feel better > soon remember we DO NOT have our results yet so please be forgiving if some of us our a little annoyed!

wiener? and sorry, farley013’s post was hilarious. come on, that was obvious, no?

JerrodL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > farley013 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ryan W. Tyler, C.F.A. Level II Designee, > Expected > > to Be a C.F.A. in 2010, Superior Ability Due to > > Passing On First Try. > > > > Bold, 18 font. > > farley013 is joking. It’s a joke. Get it? He > listed every way that you CAN’T represent > yourself. Ha Ha funny funny! Farley, this joke is > only funny to those of us who read the CFA level I > material. Stop telling jokes to those who didn’t. > It’s condescending. Funny, but still > condescending. did i respond to farley? i thought that was funny too. ryanwtyler, I would recommend > reading the textbooks as well as the study notes > in order to prepare for the L2. Vol. 1 lists > multiple ways that you can and cannot represent > yourself as a CFA candidate in a two page exhibit > (p. 106 & 107). i have mentioned, in this thread, my posistion on that. which is. I am aware of this option and thought this option would be easier. i was wrong.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ryan W. Tyler, C.F.A. Level II Designee, Expected > to Be a C.F.A. in 2010, Superior Ability Due to > Passing On First Try. > > Bold, 18 font. Ryan W. Tyler, Certified Finance Analysis, Second Level CFA Holder, Expected to pass Level 3, I guarantee superior analytical ability and returns for my clients as I passed level 1 on the first try, Bold 18 font with the CFAI logo from a screen shot pasted next to your name

This is my favorite thread in weeks. Some of you have to relax a bit enjoy the humor