Useless and yet complex topic

Differences between US GAAP and IFRS… I find these to be very difficult to remember as there’s no logic to apply These are a waste if they appear on exam because - you can easily find out the difference using a handbook… no analysis is needed. How are you guys remembering these?

maybe flashcards would help?

In that case, most of the exam is useless, as I don’t know of any real life job that requires you to memorize long formulas…just look it up in real life.

What’s the alternative? You have to remember them even if you don’t like them. I find enormous stupidity in using relative valuation and DDM but have to know them “for the exam”

A week or so before the exam, go through and right out all the differences that are important. Then just review your notes every day- should only take 10 minutes at that point. I find simply writing them down makes them easier to remember.

thanks guys… you are correct…revising them frequently is the only option…

RahulMulchandani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s the alternative? You have to remember them > even if you don’t like them. I find enormous > stupidity in using relative valuation and DDM but > have to know them “for the exam” stupidity in using relative valuation and DDM? thats the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > RahulMulchandani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What’s the alternative? You have to remember > them > > even if you don’t like them. I find enormous > > stupidity in using relative valuation and DDM > but > > have to know them “for the exam” > > stupidity in using relative valuation and DDM? > thats the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever > heard Just my personal bias against relative valuation, coz most brokers in India who appear on CNBC India use relative valuation, junking fundamental research. I can give examples galore, that’s why I hate RV, coz it makes these guys lazy! As for DDM, it works well in USA, but it’s a bit irrelevant to the Indian perspective, coz of the cultural differences. Should’ve been more clear. Peace :slight_smile: