Using Zoominfo to find key people...

I have a question. I think I am pretty aware of the etiquette needed to contact alumni, etc from my school. Just takes some common sense and good manners. I am thinking about contacting those people I have no connection with, which makes it harder since they are less likely to give a damn about me. Would I blackball myself if I contacted a key figure from a company, just asking for advice to make it into the industry and perhaps transitioning into his firm in the future? Is it recommended? I think I would have to pay 99 bucks a month or so to be able to contact these people, so that is somewhat of a factor as well and makes it less clear cut. Thanks for the help

i see no problem, what is the risk? They say no? 9 out of 10 people will not get back to you, but some will, that I know. so give it a shot also, you are right: be professional and courteous, and show em you are hungry and want to learn how they got to the top so fast. people eat that up. lastly, no reason to pay. your career services offcie may have the contact info for some of the people. sometimes they give money to school or are on boards and comittees. lok around before you drop dough.

of course you won’t get blackballed…nothing wrong with asking for my advice. i got introduced to my current firm by e-mailing an alum who is a partner here whilst seeking interviewing advice for another firm!

I agree wuth numi and daj… I live by the "you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take " motto.

fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree wuth numi and daj… I live by the "you > miss 100% of the shots you don’t take " motto. I live by the “you put my money to sleep, I’ll put you to sleep” mantra : ) -

haha… I like Nicky explaining the “holes” in the desert too. Nicky Santoro: A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you’re talking about a half-hour to forty-five minutes worth of digging. And who knows who’s gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all fuckin’ night.