Usnews - most/least prestigious jobs

www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/articles/070802/2prestige.htm Is this a joke? Firemen/farmer as prestigious professions and banker/business executive as some of the least? I guess Usnews better stick with college rankings. Seriously.

I honestley would like to see people percieve our jobs as less prestigous as they probably did in 02. That’s always a good contrarian indicator. When people aren’t asking you tips, time to buy!

I honestley would like to see people percieve our jobs as less prestigous as they probably did in 02. That’s always a good contrarian indicator. When people aren’t asking you tips, time to buy!

I wouldn’t worry too much about those rankings. We all do what we are doing because we enjoy the work and find finance challenging and rewarding, right??? :slight_smile: And BTW- What is wrong with firemen being a prestigious ranking? They certainly have my respect before any type of Wall Street guy.

Theo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldn’t worry too much about those rankings. > We all do what we are doing because we enjoy the > work and find finance challenging and rewarding, > right??? :slight_smile: > > > And BTW- What is wrong with firemen being a > prestigious ranking? They certainly have my > respect before any type of Wall Street guy. I would consider firemen honorable, but not prestigious. I think those are two separate things. Ibanking associate at Goldman is prestigious but not necessarily honorable. Firemen/elementary school teacher are honorable but not really prestigious.