Vacation Time?

Anyone else stuck working tomorrow and Fri? I’m the rookie so I get screwed (same as last year at my old spot), and my 15 leftover vacation days go to waste! Who’s keeping me company tomorrow and Fri!???

Sh1t man, I feel your pain. I was that guy last year and the year before too. Since I’m jobless, at least I can enjoy the holidays with my family. How has the job been otherwise?

I try to take my vacation early in the year, as far away from performance reviews as possible…

TPAIN your name is the shizzy son

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sh1t man, I feel your pain. I was that guy last > year and the year before too. > > Since I’m jobless, at least I can enjoy the > holidays with my family. > > How has the job been otherwise? Ah, you deserve it…and the job alright, I shouldn’t complain…I should be saying “good”, given the state of our industry. I’ve been there for almost a year and am planning to leave within the next year, maybe two, depending how/when our industry rebounds… Enjoy your Holiday…

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TPAIN your name is the shizzy son Ha, thanks sir…

I only took five vacation days at job this year, but fortunately my company is kind enough to let me roll over the remaining seven vacation days to next year. That being said, life’s too short to let vacation days go to waste. It’s easy to think that an employer will give you a pat on the back for being a trooper and grinding it out in the office, but the truth is that your managers want to go on vacation as badly as you do so you should exercise your right to skip out of work. I try to have no more than three unused vacation days in a given year, and have no shame in admitting it. I work hard while I’m in the office, so I make sure to vacation hard when I’m not working.

I took tomorrow off but have to work Friday.

You guys work too hard. I use every single one of my 28 days.

26 for everyone in my company and everybody uses every single one. The boss would look at you funny if you were deliberately not using them. One of the great perks of being European! P.S. We’re obliged by compliance to take at least 2 whole weeks off in a block at least once in the year. As far as I know, this is common in most European countries including the UK. It makes it harder for you to cover false positions etc if you are trying to cover up anything untoward. It seems strange that this isn’t practised in the US or Japan.

We get 6 weeks vacation a year here in Scandinavia, sure beats that 3 weeks or whatever you are getting in the US!

2 week block vacations are mandatory in the US by many companies, but only for “sensitive” positions

f2d Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2 week block vacations are mandatory in the US by > many companies, but only for “sensitive” positions So I guess I have a “sensitive” position. SWEET!

I work for a Bank on the Money Desk and a week is mandatory for us…they just DON’T CARE when it comes to Assistant Treasurer and below in the Treasury Dept…

Vacation time? Vacation time? Only pikers worry about vacation time… We want winners here, not pikers. A piker is someone who walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time he gets in the first year. See, people work here to become filthy rich. No other reason. That’s it. You want vacation time? Go teach third grade public school. “Boiler room”

Got stuck w/ the trading desk all week. Sucks.

Took this week off… it’s the first time in 7 years I’ve ever taken the Christmas holidays off… so I feel like it’s well deserved.