Valid Identification required for test

I’m making this post because I hope no one gets themselves in the same situation. I had my wallet stolen a few weeks back, and thus I don’t have a driver’s license anymore. I went to print my exam ticket today, and it appears that valid identification will be strictly enforced to enter the exam. That means, no expired IDs and no temporary licenses. I could potentially be very screwed now. I have no idea if I can get a new license issued by the time of the exam. So, to everyone - make sure you have ID!!! Print the exam ticket NOW and read the disclaimers.

Why don’t you take your passport ? Passport is CFA institute’s preferred ID.

I take it he may not have a passport. It usually does not take two weeks to get a new license issued. Best of luck man.

In CT, you can get a new license while you wait. You can get a passport while you wait too, except that you need to show them airline tickets out of the country. Maybe this would be a nice time to schedule a vacation to, hmm, Egypt and see the pyramids?

bakbakbakgone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m making this post because I hope no one gets > themselves in the same situation. > > I had my wallet stolen a few weeks back, and thus > I don’t have a driver’s license anymore. I went > to print my exam ticket today, and it appears that > valid identification will be strictly enforced to > enter the exam. That means, no expired IDs and no > temporary licenses. > > I could potentially be very screwed now. I have > no idea if I can get a new license issued by the > time of the exam. > > So, to everyone - make sure you have ID!!! Print > the exam ticket NOW and read the disclaimers. I would email the CFAI and kindly ask for some slack. The fact that something happened beyond your control should be looked at more lenient now versus someone who tries to explain what happened at the exam center. Sorry to hear that. Getting my wallet stolen is my worst nightmare. > That means, no expired IDs and no > temporary licenses. I could have sworn I saw someone with a clipped license and renewal papers at the June exam. I may be wrong, but I think I did see this.

That might work but I wouldn’t mess with it

From what I know, to get a NY license, you need to wait 10 days for them to mail you it. My solution - drive to Albany (from Boston) and hope I can expedite the process, or even better, just pick it up there. No passport - otherwise I’d have no problem. Getting a wallet stolen sucksssssssssssss. Especially when the thief racked up huge credit card charges :-/

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > That means, no expired IDs and no > > temporary licenses. > > I could have sworn I saw someone with a clipped > license and renewal papers at the June exam. I > may be wrong, but I think I did see this. I took this info. straight from the CFA exam ticket. I would imagine they’d offer no slack. I wouldn’t expect them to anyway. Bad timing of events for me, but at least I didn’t wait to the night before to print the ticket!!

I hate thieves! One item to look at going forward is a credit monitor. https://www.experiandirect.com/triplealert/default.aspx I tend to be careful by default, so I signed up for a credit monitoring service. I could be wiped clean real quick if someone were to get my paypal password, get my credit info online, etc. I used to have an ebay store and I was always leery for thieves and swindlers. I have the security settings as high as they go, and I get a text message anytime a hard credit pull occurs so I can verify that it is valid. I have heard horror stories of ID theft victims having collection agents show up at their door because a credit card was opened in their name, maxed out in Italy, and never paid. I don’t know all the recourse that consumers have to defend this, but I cannot imagine it is any picnic. Personally the couple bucks a month to actively monitor my credit and protect myself against ID theft is worthwhile for me. Again, sorry to hear about your misfortune and I hope all works out with your recourse and obtaining a license to sit for Level 1.

bakbakbakgone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From what I know, to get a NY license, you need to > wait 10 days for them to mail you it. > > My solution - drive to Albany (from Boston) and > hope I can expedite the process, or even better, > just pick it up there. > > No passport - otherwise I’d have no problem. > > Getting a wallet stolen sucksssssssssssss. > Especially when the thief racked up huge credit > card charges :-/ Alright. I’ll return it to you for $100. I wish you had waited until I had paid that bar tab before you cancelled the card, though.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bakbakbakgone Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > From what I know, to get a NY license, you need > to > > wait 10 days for them to mail you it. > > > > My solution - drive to Albany (from Boston) and > > hope I can expedite the process, or even > better, > > just pick it up there. > > > > No passport - otherwise I’d have no problem. > > > > Getting a wallet stolen sucksssssssssssss. > > Especially when the thief racked up huge credit > > card charges :-/ > > > Alright. I’ll return it to you for $100. I wish > you had waited until I had paid that bar tab > before you cancelled the card, though. Lol, it was much much more than $100. And can get my iPhone back too???

" That means, no expired IDs and no temporary licenses. " What exactly do you mean by “no temporary licenses” ?

You turn 25 on December 3rd and need to renew your license. They will clip it and give you papers as a temporary license until your new one arrives in the mail.

got it, thanks