valuation allowance

Disclosures of valuation allowance for changes in the carrying amount of a noncurrent investment securities is included in the company’s: A. balance sheet B. income statement C. statement of cash flow D. statement of stockholders’ equity

a

a or b i will say A

No

b lol

B

I say D

B because it is an extra “cost” incurred in the year

i’d say D

D is correct. But I don’t think the explain make sense. Map, please. Thanks.

affects incoming from continuing operations :slight_smile: nice strange! Also in regards to our previous thread about interest coverage and cap leases thanks for correcting me! I was thinking about capitalized costs @ first. Gotta get this stuff down cold. However I still believe that operating income(EBIT) is higher with cap leases because the interest charge comes after operating income :slight_smile:

These are non-current investments, non-trading investments. Changes to any of these during the year pass over the statements as direct adjustments to equity, PUFE. You’ll find them in the statement of stockholders’ equity.

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > affects incoming from continuing operations :slight_smile: > nice strange! > > Also in regards to our previous thread about > interest coverage and cap leases thanks for > correcting me! I was thinking about capitalized > costs @ first. Gotta get this stuff down cold. > > However I still believe that operating > income(EBIT) is higher with cap leases because the > interest charge comes after operating income :slight_smile: Check the thread…map also posted additional information…have a look. By the way if you received all the 5 mock exam sample can you sent it to me? volatility00@yahoo.it thank!

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > These are non-current investments, non-trading > investments. Changes to any of these during the > year pass over the statements as direct > adjustments to equity, PUFE. You’ll find them in > the statement of stockholders’ equity. PUFE? What does this stand for?

But I remember in the Tax chapter, it says VA is only for offsetting DTA and is included in income from continuing operation. Thus should be in income statment. Got lost here

PUFE for other comprehensive income (what goes dirrectly to BS passing over IS) Pensions: additional minimum pension liability Unrealized: gains or losses on available-for-sale securities Foreign: currency exchange translations, gain or losses on foreign currency hedges Effective: portion of cash flow hedges, unrealized gain or losses Valuation allowance is not for DTA, is for the asset itself. When and where you use, that’s a different thing:)

valuation allowance is a contra account when DTA has a >50% chance of not being realized though

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > valuation allowance is a contra account when DTA > has a >50% chance of not being realized though It is a contra account also for doublful receivables.

they key to the question is “NON CURRENT securities” HENCE THIS IS GOING TO BE PART of compreehnsive income/loss.

Thanks pepp will remember that for the exam