Valuation Reports and I-Banking style decks

Does anyone have old outdated valuation reports or i-banking style decks they could share with me.

Is it even legal to share old decks? I know they have disclaimers on them. I want to see the format and level of detail in these presentations or reports.

Thank you!

Its legal after a certain period, I think usually a few years. I remember a fund manager (michael price) talking about how they’re a great source of information that otherwise people wouldn’t have access to.

I do not have any.

1 Like

Yes. I just want to get a feel for how data is presented and laid out. Aside from how bankers and valuation experts think and model.

I’m sure someone on here has old decks they can share.

Just look at IPO decks

1 Like

Nobody with any sense is going to give you an “old outdated valuation report.” For starters, it’s not yours. You didn’t pay for it, so you’re not entitled to see it. Moreover, it would be unethical for anyone to share such a report with you. Such reports are confidential. The only way that you should be able to get one is from an individual or a company that paid for the original report. I don’t know whether it’s unethical for you to ask, but I know this: If you worked for me and I found out you had done something like that, I’d either fire you or put you on probation. You exhibit dreadful judgment even in asking. As a CFA charterholder, I’m appalled.

Therefore, get off your backside and buy a high-end valuation reference book. I recommend the sixth edition of Valuing a Business: The Analysis and Appraisal of Closely Held Companies by Shannon P. Pratt (publisher: McGraw-Hill). It will be released in April 2022.

If you don’t want to wait, you can get the fifth edition. It was publshed in 2008 and is available on Amazon here: Valuing a Business: The Analysis and Appraisal of Closely Held Companies (5th ed.). I haven’t checked eBay, but I’d be surprised if it were not available there, too.

Its completely legal and not unethical to share old pitch books. They’re specifically not confidential after a certain length of time. Get off your shaming high horse. Michael Price talked at length about how theyre a great source of information in a lecture.

Brah pick any recent go-private deal and look through the filings, the information statement prior to shareholder vote would typically include as a supplement one or several fairness opinion decks which have it all

1 Like

Chill out, chief

I didn’t say “old pitch books.” I said “old valuation reports.”

It’s not a pitch book, which is a marketing material to win an engagement. It is a fairness opinion deck, which is identical to a “valuation report” - only prettier, less wordy and a lot more expensive!

1 Like