Value of CFA Membership - Question to lvl 1ers

I am just curious…If there was a way where I could transfer my full CFA membership to you, so you would not have to take the 3 tests or fullfill the work experience and would thus be the same status as anyone who has a CFA charter…, what would you pay ( value)? Basically what is the value worth of getting a CFA Charter to you?

Honestly I wouldn’t pay anything because it wouldn’t mean anything to me. I value the charter because it is so hard to get and takes so much determination and effort.

I think at a minimum it should be $1,500 for registration/books x 3 = 4,500 + 250 hours / exam x 3 = 750 hours x $20/hr(can vary) = $15,000 + Premium factor = unkown So at least $19,500

Just like a PSL for your football team.

Based on a case of law its valued at around $1Million bucks.

Nah, it would feel so much better to get their on my own.

Rehix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Based on a case of law its valued at around > $1Million bucks. can you elaborate??

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/News_ITEM/newsItemId-10785 (dated news) To be in the same exact status as any charterholder (with the same knowledge retained during the study process), I would pay around $150,000 (provided my net wealth was more than $300,000). However, my guess is that the answer for this question would differ significantly among candidates relative to where they stand right now (level 1 candidates vs. level 3 candidates).

NPV of CFA charter value = (Expected Present Value of future employment, retirement, and investment incomes, given you have attained the charter) * (the probability of you will attain the charter) plus, (Expected Present Value of future employment, retirement, and investment incomes, given you do not attain the charter) * (the probability of you will not attain the charter) minus, (Expected Present Value of future exam fees, prep costs, loss of social life and family time, and loss of billable working hours for studying 3 exams * 300 hours each)

$1

ManVsCFA = best AF name for 2010!

Thanks much appreciated…but I have beena member for some time now.

CFA charter = (psychic income + increase in income + notoriety) * (1 + growth rate) * (# of years until retirement) = well over $1 million. But I’d rather pay for pluck, sweat and smarts to go through the all process to feel its worth