Violation

How long does it take you to spot the violation? http://www.cfanorthcarolina.org/Resumes/skwerer_resume.pdf

Looks good to me. Is she hot?

I don’t know. Email her for a picture!

>>> C.F.A. <<

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How long does it take you to spot the violation? > Getting her masters from the University of Denver?

This person needs a resume consultant immediately. She wouldn’t get a second look from me - grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors everywhere. Evasive job descriptions, vague dates, bogus claims (“demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of financial marketplace, portfolio management, trading and financial analysis” -> we’d check that out if she came for an interview)

Wow, talk about anal. P.S. I agree.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This person needs a resume consultant immediately. > She wouldn’t get a second look from me - grammar, > punctuation, and formatting errors everywhere. > Evasive job descriptions, vague dates, bogus > claims (“demonstrating > comprehensive knowledge of financial marketplace, > portfolio management, trading and financial > analysis” -> we’d check that out if she came for > an interview) hey Joey D. hows about you share some good resume formats? or better yet, lemme send you mine! lol

joeydvivre at yahoo dot com

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, talk about anal. > > P.S. I agree. I am anal about some things and decidedly not about others, but a resume ought to be done precisely. If you can’t do precise work on your resume, where are you going to do it.

nice one! thanks.

Whoa… What happened to 1986-1998?! My dad recently had me cut down a stack of resumes for him to look at and his first criteria was to immediately eliminate anyone who had managing their own money on the resume…

maybe she had a kid

JasonU, were you supposed to eliminate ANY reference to managing a personal portfolio (which in my view could be relevant), or just people - like this one - who put it up there on par with being employed by an institution (though there are hedge fund managers that manage their own money and then sometimes need to look for jobs elsewhere, admittedly it’s usually because they lost the money). I agree that this person needs a resume consultant. The page looks just, well, boring. I read the first bits at the top and just couldn’t be motivated to read down any further. I had to force myself to get far enough to notice the formatting errors that JDV was talking about. I was at NYSSA the other week at their career expo and people passed around their resumes to get critiques. This was very interesting and helpful. Especially interesting was the guy that was the most critical of pretty much everyone’s resume was the guy that had the worst looking resume at all. When we asked why he didn’t try to make it more readable, his response was that it all gets scanned by machines anyway so the content was the only thing that was really important. I guess he never made it to the point where he got to show his resume to someone who was interviewing him…

I eliminated any resume with a significant time “gap” where the person was self-employed managing their own portfolio. Its not that its necessarily “bogus work”, but he had a stack of 100 or so resumes and was looking to get down to maybe 6-8 candidates for 1 position. His feeling was that it didn’t make him a bad guy… he just didn’t have time to look for that diamond in the rough.