Vitalsource to PDF

Like most of you, I’m not too crazy about the Vitalsource software that is included in the registration fees. Last year I was able to convert to PDF easily using those PDF Printer programs. It is not working this year, I am not sure why. I try to print, selecting Nitro PDF or another program, and nothing happens. Is it just me? PDF’s are much more convenient are there any other ways to use this format?? (I know I am early for this, but I have a 1 hour commute after work I figured I’ll just stay back during rush hour and study)

I tried to print it as a PDF on my Mac and it worked.

Not sure why you’re doing this. The search function in VitalSource is indispensable.

Hi Loup, I did finally get it working using Nitro PDF Shark- Last year I couldn’t jump page-to-page by page # and that was beyong irritating. Also I like using dual screen question and answer with 2 laptops controlled by one. I’m not impressed at all with Vitalsource so far but I will give it a chance.

Garnopolis422 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Loup, > > I did finally get it working using Nitro PDF > > Shark- > > Last year I couldn’t jump page-to-page by page # > and that was beyong irritating. Also I like using > dual screen question and answer with 2 laptops > controlled by one. I’m not impressed at all with > Vitalsource so far but I will give it a chance. How do you jump page to page ? I still can’t figure it out. How does it work ?

You can’t in vitalsource - and that is the problem. OP, Try printing to Pdf again - but choose 1 study session (or less) at a time. Vitalsource has a limit to the number of pages you can print. I like that idea of printing to Pdf - so you can search and skip to a page number etc.

so if you can’t jump to pages and can’t neither print it as u want… then what is the purpose of this ebook ? Last year I swore I won’t get it anymore, but finally I found myself buying it again this year… It might be bcoz the company is paying for it

anybody know if this works in iphone? it would be great if i could have a copy in my iphone as well as laptop. thanks for any info.

It works on my ipad and is availalbe on my iphone but I haven’t installed for fear of losing my last license. FYI - you need space on your phone for the whole book. Vitalsource stinks. I don’t understand why companies try to create their own proprietary reading software instead of using a proven standard developed by someone who knows what they’re doing. I paid for unlimited web and e access on 2 devices. If I choose a kindle as one of my devices I should be able to make that happen without a problem. Also, pdf’s in OSX are MUCH more responsive than in vitalsource. The only value that company brings to the table is the license to deliver these books.

@Loup_Fenrir

Hi! Could you please email me with pdf version of curriculum. I was trying to print it via Nitro, but all what I’ve got were blank pages. Thank in advance. My email is euroconsult24@gmail.com

Wow, sounds interesting! You are a Level 3 candidate, asking for the Level 2 curriculum from vitalsource, version 2012? What exactly where you trying to print with Nitro? Vitalsource allows you to create a PDF in its most recent software.

Can anyone please show me how to use nitro pdf to convert vital source ebooks into pdf?

I need help with converting vital source books to PDF using Nitro, I have no idea how to use Nitro or how I can print from vital source using Nitro??

from vital source, file->print, then enter the page range.

you then get the standard windows print dialog. the printer name dropdown should contain ‘Nitro PDF creator’ select that, then hit OK.

you’re then asked for a filename, hit save, then you have a nice shiny pdf that smoothly scrolls

if you dont see ‘Nitro PDF creator’ in the dropdown then try reinstalling Nitro.