Vitamins

Are you guys taking any particular vitamin supplements? Given the stress levels and long working hours and not always so healthy food, any good advice to stay healthy? Sharp? Energetic? I’ve been trying to keep my diet balanced and going to gym regularly (3-4 times a week), but as the weeks go by this is getting harder to keep up and wonder if there is anything else I could do. Thanks

dont give up the gym, for me anyways, this is not an option, i always feel way better and more energized on the days i get up and go in the morning (usually all 5 weekdays)

This is what I do: - Take multivitamins. GNC Megamen once in the morning, once in the afternoon. Also take omega 3,6,9s. - Will start taking cold fx soon (some consider it a placebo, I swear it works). I think this might only be in Canada. - Work out 4 to 5 times a week at lunch, running and weights - Eat small meals regularly, make tuna sandwiches if you’re short on time, easy and quick - Minimize caffeine consumption This is the most important one for me: I sleep in Saturday morning. This is imperative as I need to make up for lack of sleep during the week. I am definitely sharper after sleeping for 8.5 hours and reset for the next week

I am hitting gym 4 times a week… and not studying at all… gave up on this attempt…ll try to crack in next one… so no use of vitamins for me…:slight_smile:

• minimize caffeine consumption???

Vitamin supplements are BS if you eat right. I think one of the prices for working long hours and studying is you have to spend more money on food. If you are eating hot dogs and fast food, you need to stop doing that. Go to fancy grocery store and buy healthy good to eat food like big strawberries, already made salads, lean roast beef, sushi, etc… If you take vitamin supplements you will just get unbalanced.

i survived on red bull and every night at 7pm or so, I went for a 30 minute walk to clear my head. i def agree that you need a small outlet from studying, whether it be gym, movies, an occassional beer, sex, etc. you just want to make sure you return to the books, etc. I know it sucks, so good luck guys!!! i am rooting for you all.

I mix exercise and study by watching Schweser videos while riding my stationary cycle :slight_smile: Creates a great positive feedback loop

brahmi and gingko biloba… supposed to be good for the brain…

agree that eating healthy is far more important than trying to supplement with vitamins,

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice. I am seriously eating well/healthy and will keep going to gym. I will though take some centrum, just as a normal supplement. Good luck!

I workout in the morning, and bike to and from the library each day. Btw, multivitamins are the one of the biggest gimmicks in the health industry today. I would, however, recommend 1 gram of fish oil per lb of bodyweight, and if you’re lacking on the fruit/vegetable intake, then possibly a freeze dried fruit/veggie extract.

just got on creatine again. feeling good pump here. reiterate strong buy on creatine.

Yeah daj- glad to hear you are working out. I take a multi-vitamin every day and try to stick to decently healthy stuff. I make shakes all the time and throw in some strawberries, blueberries, or whatever I have lying around. I’ll usually buy the frozen kind so they don’t go bad too fast, and they work better for a smoothie. BTW - Blueberries are the #1 “brain food” and placed first on the Tuft’s University ORAC score (represents antioxidant power of various fruits and vegetables). A combination of healthy eating and working out puts the mind in an optimal environment for learning. Blackberries came in #2 on the ORAC scale, so are good as well - and remember eating a lot of Strawberries is good for the heart (folic acid and potassium).

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is what I do: > > - Take multivitamins. GNC Megamen once in the > morning, once in the afternoon. Also take omega > 3,6,9s. > > - Will start taking cold fx soon (some consider it > a placebo, I swear it works). I think this might > only be in Canada. > > - Work out 4 to 5 times a week at lunch, running > and weights > > - Eat small meals regularly, make tuna sandwiches > if you’re short on time, easy and quick > > - Minimize caffeine consumption > > This is the most important one for me: > > I sleep in Saturday morning. This is imperative as > I need to make up for lack of sleep during the > week. I am definitely sharper after sleeping for > 8.5 hours and reset for the next week TheAliMan - Modern day diets are overloaded with Omega 6’s. Omega 3’s and 6’s are designed to work together, but too much of one or the other is not good for your health. Since our diets are overloaded with 6’s, most people are imbalanced and need more 3’s, which is why there are Omega 3 eggs (I buy them all the time) and Omega 3 suppliments. Maybe you already know this - but just looking out for you if not. =)

projectplatnyc, Thanks for the heads up, I have discussed this with some dietitians before, and you bring up a good point. The supplement I take are supposedly the target balance but I probably still take excessive 6s and 9s might not be essential. Here’s an interesting link: http://www.dpalifestyles.com/AboutOmega3/Omega369/tabid/128/Default.aspx daj, what kind of creatine do you supplement?

i got the basic cell tech. used it in 2001 and it worked pretty well. http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2486355&cp=2167077.2108320.2206673&parentPage=family

you want to get really serious try out NOXPLODE

tlb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you want to get really serious try out NOXPLODE Have you used this, how long have you been on it - has it worked well for you?

It looks like great reviews from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0009VAFRI/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending