VIX > 75

anyone else notice this? it’s confirmed, it is the end of the world, I’m looking out the window for jumpers…

I just saw bird chase off a squirrel.

This is bunging jumping!!!

I want to go on the floor of the nyse and just yell “SERIOUSLY! C’MON GUYS!WTF!!!”

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is bunging jumping!!! I tried to go bungee jumping at a little island in the Canary Islands, off the coast of N. Africa. Unfortunately they said they were having problems with the setup. I said oh well, no worries, its over water, lets just see what happens . . . they didn’t let me bungee. At least VIX lets everyone bungee around . . . fun, right?

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strangedays Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is bunging jumping!!! > > > I tried to go bungee jumping at a little island in > the Canary Islands, off the coast of N. Africa. > Unfortunately they said they were having problems > with the setup. I said oh well, no worries, its > over water, lets just see what happens . . . they > didn’t let me bungee. > > At least VIX lets everyone bungee around . . . > fun, right? My ex gf is from Tenerife…it is beautiful over there! :slight_smile:

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > projectplatnyc Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > strangedays Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > This is bunging jumping!!! > > > > > > I tried to go bungee jumping at a little island > in > > the Canary Islands, off the coast of N. Africa. > > Unfortunately they said they were having > problems > > with the setup. I said oh well, no worries, its > > over water, lets just see what happens . . . > they > > didn’t let me bungee. > > > > At least VIX lets everyone bungee around . . . > > fun, right? > > > My ex gf is from Tenerife…it is beautiful over > there! :slight_smile: Oh nice - I was on Gran Canaria, right next to it - - awesome place (I speak spanish too) . . . I wish I was there right now. . .

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strangedays Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > projectplatnyc Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > strangedays Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > This is bunging jumping!!! > > > > > > > > > I tried to go bungee jumping at a little > island > > in > > > the Canary Islands, off the coast of N. > Africa. > > > Unfortunately they said they were having > > problems > > > with the setup. I said oh well, no worries, > its > > > over water, lets just see what happens . . . > > they > > > didn’t let me bungee. > > > > > > At least VIX lets everyone bungee around . . > . > > > fun, right? > > > > > > My ex gf is from Tenerife…it is beautiful > over > > there! :slight_smile: > > > Oh nice - I was on Gran Canaria, right next to it > - - awesome place (I speak spanish too) . . . > > I wish I was there right now. . . with sun and sangria! that is life!

Does VIX of 75 mean that market can go +/- 75% in the next year? that’s what I understood from reading wikipedia.

THATS IT!! Im leaving the country,im going to new mexico!

I watched CNBC for a second. Everyone on the floor of the NYSE was cheering? Who knows what this means.

Wow - I just read it on there too, I didn’t know there was the formula for it. I thought it was just derived from the current volatility in the markets . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIX “The VIX is quoted in terms of percentage points and translates, roughly, to the expected movement in the S&P 500 index over the next 30-day period, on an annualized basis. For example, if the VIX is at 15, this represents an expected annual change of 15%; thus one can infer that the index option markets expect the S&P 500 to move up or down over the next 30-day period. That is, if, for example, the S&P 500 is currently at 100, index options are priced with the assumption of a 68% likelihood (one standard deviation) that the 30-day change in the S&P 500 will be within 4.3 points up or down.” So if the VIX is at 75, this represents an expected annual change of 75% - since we more or less are oversold, and take some cushion out of it (say 20-30%), that could imply that the S&P could go up 75% max, but probably lower as in 45% - 55% with a (20% - 30%) cusion . . .

Holy crap - markets positive now . .

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does VIX of 75 mean that market can go +/- 75% in > the next year? > > that’s what I understood from reading wikipedia. I think it implies that the market (one standard deviation, 68%) will move by 22% in the next 30 days… it reached 76 .76/v12= .219 or 22%