Volume 2 Practice Tests

Is it just me or are the practice exams from Volume 2 incredibly harder?

i haven’t taken any, but i plan on trying it out a little. these exams are supposed to be a lot harder and much harder than the real thing.

That makes me feel better about the 51 I got last night.

What is volume 2? Is that in Schweser?

Yes, practice exam book vol 2.

I agree…I think schweser has to give you problems much harder than the real thing. Has anyone taken the CFAI mock/sample exams? I feel much better about those questions.

i feel the same way

Actually from my experience Volume 2 (aka Book 7) questions are closer to the real exam than Volume 1 (Book 6). The format (a lot of 2x4s) is just as the actual exam, and the level of difficulty is maybe just a bit over the real exam. I have been working on Volume 2 for last 3-4 weeks and made a sheet of tips/tricks that could show up on the real exam.

"Actually from my experience Volume 2 (aka Book 7) questions are closer to the real exam than Volume 1 (Book 6). The format (a lot of 2x4s) is just as the actual exam, and the level of difficulty is maybe just a bit over the real exam. " heard the SAME from someone else

What are 2x4’s? I wrote the first exam (Book 7), and I agree. A lot harder, a lot more conceptual… Is this what the CFA will be like?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Way more conceptual than Book 6, close to Book 7, but a bit less hard (not easier) than book 7 - that’s what real exam is like. I didn’t even touch book7 for December last year and that was in my opinion my biggest mistake. Nothing can prepare you for 2x4s like - 2x4s :wink:

FisherSU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Way more conceptual than Book 6, close to Book 7, > but a bit less hard (not easier) than book 7 - > that’s what real exam is like. I didn’t even touch > book7 for December last year and that was in my > opinion my biggest mistake. > > Nothing can prepare you for 2x4s like - 2x4s :wink: what is a 2 x 4? do i need to go to home depot now?

LOL Daj, that’s what i wanted to do after Dec exam. This is what 2x4 looks like: Jack trades on insider tip. Suzy drinks heavily during lunch and trades on clients accounts after the lunch brake. Did Jack or Suzy violate the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct? Jack Suzy A. Yes No B. Yes Yes C. No Yes D. No No enjoy it :wink:

B

Arthur Hampton is reviewing the transcript of a lawmaking session during which a legislator made the following two statements: Statement 1: The impact of a tax on the equilibrium price and quantity of a good or service will be the same whether the tax is legally imposed on the buyers or sellers. Statement 2: The impact on the equilibrium price and quantity of a good or service of making trade in it illegal will be the same whether the penalty is imposed on the buyers or sellers. Should Hampton agree or disagree with these statements? Statement 1 Statement 2 A) Agree Agree B) Disagree Agree C) Disagree Disagree D) Agree Disagree

B for first question D for second question

I dig Suzy.

I heard that Book 7 has a lot of questions from previous CFA exams. That’s why its probably more similar to the actual CFA exam compared to Vol 1 (Book 6).

ok ill be doing book 7 then…

Thanks for the knowledge! I just ordered them up. Nothing can stop me now… except for finding time to study, the exam itself, and countless other factors! ARRIBA!!!