Vuvuzelas in the world cup

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bchadwick Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > what do you mean, “white people?” > > > > > > What do *YOU* mean, “white people?” > > > It is amazing how white people - who have never > been killed, attacked, demoralised and made > second-class citizens (in their own country) for > hundreds of years for the colour of their skin - > can visit a nation celebrating soccer in it’s own > way and say " This is not how to celebrate soccer, > do blah blah". > > Bchad, I know you are not a stupid white person - > so you now understand what I mean by white people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNnuiT0qek&feature=related Other classic bits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerMz8aqTn4&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKTKd9cCilo&feature=related And the hilarious Tom Cruise dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IfuyW38tNE&feature=related

I think the vuvuzelas shouldn’t be banned, let 'em use them, even though they are as irritating as hell for TV viewers. However I did like this other comment I found on a sports website: “It doesn’t matter what is happening on the field, the sound from the crowd never changes, just the constant buzz buzz buzz: Teams walk out on to field – buzz buzz buzz Teams knock ball harmlessly around midfield – buzz buzz buzz Team scores miracle goal, tens of thousands of fans erupt in unison – buzz buzz buzz Field is empty at half time – buzz buzz buzz Team scores in injury time to salvage famous victory – buzz buzz buzz. Team is presented with world cup – buzz buzz buzz Cleaners begin process of picking up litter after game – buzz buzz buz” Very very true. It would be nice if the vuvu-drone actually bore some relation to the action on the field.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > JOE2010 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > “Many people” is white people, right? > > > > Although I have no problem with the vuvuzelas, > I > > am offended by your use of the term “white > > people”. Persons with light pigmentation of > their > > skin are by no means a homogeneous group and > > should not be lumped together. I believe most > of > > the discussion pertaining to TV viewership has > > been concentrated on the US TV market, so > > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans would be > > appropriate. That being said, I don’t think > the > > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans who are > annoyed > > by the sound of the vuvuzelas would find the > > contstant sound of bag pipes any more > appealing, > > so I don’t see how the references to race and > > Apartheid are germane to the discussion. > > > Exactly what I would expect from an average white > male who feels threatened by a black president. Not white, not average and have a president of mixed race, so not exactly sure what you are referring to.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AlexP Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I do not like them because they eliminate the > > singing that goes on in games. I love soccer > games > > when both teams’ fans are singing. This new > gadget > > just makes a noise but it does not add anything > to > > the game. Do the players know which fans are > > blowing for whom? > > > > If it is a tradition in South Africa, all > right, > > that is fine, but I hope they get ban outside > this > > World Cup. I do not want to see Barcelona vs. > > Manchester United next March in the Champions > > League with that awful noise. > > I thought the Champions League is played in Europe > and fans just sing? In South Africa they blow > vuvuzela and you can always go home if you do not > like it. Dude, read my post, I am ok if in South Africa is a tradition. I respect that. I just do not want it to become a norm in Europe or other parts of the World where the celebrations appear to me more interesting that blowing a horn. Singing songs with lirics that applied to specific situations of the game are more appealing to me than that noise which is the same regardless of the game. “You can always go home if you do not like it” does not add anything to the conversation. What if I were from South Africa and I did not like the freaking sound?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > higgmond Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > JOE2010 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > > > > > “Many people” is white people, right? > > > > > > Although I have no problem with the > vuvuzelas, > > I > > > am offended by your use of the term “white > > > people”. Persons with light pigmentation of > > their > > > skin are by no means a homogeneous group and > > > should not be lumped together. I believe > most > > of > > > the discussion pertaining to TV viewership > has > > > been concentrated on the US TV market, so > > > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans would be > > > appropriate. That being said, I don’t think > > the > > > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans who are > > annoyed > > > by the sound of the vuvuzelas would find the > > > contstant sound of bag pipes any more > > appealing, > > > so I don’t see how the references to race and > > > Apartheid are germane to the discussion. > > > > > > Exactly what I would expect from an average > white > > male who feels threatened by a black president. > > Not white, not average and have a president of > mixed race, so not exactly sure what you are > referring to. Below average?

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Below average? Depends on to whom I’m being compared and on which attributes.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bchadwick Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > what do you mean, “white people?” > > > > > > What do *YOU* mean, “white people?” > > > It is amazing how white people - who have never > been killed, attacked, demoralised and made > second-class citizens (in their own country) for > hundreds of years for the colour of their skin - > can visit a nation celebrating soccer in it’s own > way and say " This is not how to celebrate soccer, > do blah blah". i’d have to disagree. how quickly we forget. over 500,000 dead in under half a decade. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide and if you don’t realize, Armenia is at the core of the Caucasus region. i’d also have to argue that Jewish individuals often are and/or resemble Caucasians and they have had their share of turmoil in the past century. do i have to bring up the Moors as well? bottom line. there is more to history than what has occured in the last 50 years. also, i like the “It is amazing how white people - who have never been killed” comment sounds. man, if i was killed right now, maybe i could pass judgement on my S.A. brothers.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bchadwick Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > bchadwick Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > what do you mean, “white people?” > > > > > > > > > What do *YOU* mean, “white people?” > > > > > > It is amazing how white people - who have never > > been killed, attacked, demoralised and made > > second-class citizens (in their own country) > for > > hundreds of years for the colour of their skin > - > > can visit a nation celebrating soccer in it’s > own > > way and say " This is not how to celebrate > soccer, > > do blah blah". > > i’d have to disagree. how quickly we forget. over > 500,000 dead in under half a decade. > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide > > and if you don’t realize, Armenia is at the core > of the Caucasus region. > > i’d also have to argue that Jewish individuals > often are and/or resemble Caucasians and they have > had their share of turmoil in the past century. > > do i have to bring up the Moors as well? > > bottom line. there is more to history than what > has occured in the last 50 years. > > also, i like the “It is amazing how white people - > who have never been killed” comment sounds. man, > if i was killed right now, maybe i could pass > judgement on my S.A. brothers. Those don’t count. Those are caucasians comitting genocide on each other.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bchadwick Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > bchadwick Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > what do you mean, “white people?” > > > > > > > > > What do *YOU* mean, “white people?” > > > > > > It is amazing how white people - who have never > > been killed, attacked, demoralised and made > > second-class citizens (in their own country) > for > > hundreds of years for the colour of their skin > - > > can visit a nation celebrating soccer in it’s > own > > way and say " This is not how to celebrate > soccer, > > do blah blah". > > i’d have to disagree. how quickly we forget. over > 500,000 dead in under half a decade. > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide > > and if you don’t realize, Armenia is at the core > of the Caucasus region. > > i’d also have to argue that Jewish individuals > often are and/or resemble Caucasians and they have > had their share of turmoil in the past century. > > do i have to bring up the Moors as well? > > bottom line. there is more to history than what > has occured in the last 50 years. > > also, i like the “It is amazing how white people - > who have never been killed” comment sounds. man, > if i was killed right now, maybe i could pass > judgement on my S.A. brothers. I have been overestimating your anal-ytical ability. If I was that stupid I would have mentioned Darfur.