Vuvuzelas in the world cup

Do you think vuvulezas (the noisy horns with a db level of 127, just below an jet engine) should be 1. Banned - they are too noisy and distracting forcing many people to mute their TVs. 2. Allowed - they are a football tradition for South Africans just like the Mexican wave or the Brit Hooligans. So people just need to put up with the constant drone. Your thoughts?

2, let fans have their fun.

waaaaa waaaaa Somone isn’t doing EXACTLY what I wan’t them to do waaaaa In case it isn’t obvious. Option 2.

For sure allow the horns… They’re the hosts, they can do whatever the hell they want. They paid for the darned stadiums! Besides, I think it’s a cool tradition. #2

It depends on what the purpose for holding the Wold Cup is (I don’t know what it is actually). If it is to have a good time and party then 2. If it is to showcase the best teams in order to grow the game than you have to think about 1. The people most likely to be annoyed are those just tuning into a game for the first time. I never watch the sport and find the sound annoying enough that I wouldn’t watch anybody but the US play. Either way isn’t a great answer because somebody gets screwed.

Just read that BBC in UK is going to remove noise of vuvuz from its telecast electronically so viewers do not hear it. MWVT - Looks like S.Africa is doing it for good time and party as they have imported 40,000 pro$titute$ from Europe and Asia.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > MWVT - Looks like S.Africa is doing it for good > time and party as they have imported 40,000 > pro$titute$ from Europe and Asia. This. Is. AWESOME.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just read that BBC in UK is going to remove noise > of vuvuz from its telecast electronically so > viewers do not hear it. > > MWVT - Looks like S.Africa is doing it for good > time and party as they have imported 40,000 > pro$titute$ from Europe and Asia. I wonder how someone gets into the pro$titute niche of the import/export industry.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you think vuvulezas (the noisy horns with a db > level of 127, just below an jet engine) should be > > 1. Banned - they are too noisy and distracting > forcing many people to mute their TVs. > > 2. Allowed - they are a football tradition for > South Africans just like the Mexican wave or the > Brit Hooligans. So people just need to put up with > the constant drone. > > Your thoughts? “Many people” is white people, right? That the World Cup is happening in post-apartheid South Africa doesn’t ring a bell to some freaking idiots here? Africans should be left to celebrate the World Cup in their best way possible. The anti-vuvuzela crusaders should be ignored. The vuvuzela is a rich component of the South African culture. African and South Africa football is all about noise, excitement, dancing, shouting and enjoyment - and what others think does not really matter. (Got my tickets, got my vuvuzela - can’t wait for the weekend, off to South Africa)

is it me but everytime i see this i think vulvas… i pretty much love blowing vulvas and hopes this doesnt get banned

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > “Many people” is white people, right? Although I have no problem with the vuvuzelas, I am offended by your use of the term “white people”. Persons with light pigmentation of their skin are by no means a homogeneous group and should not be lumped together. I believe most of the discussion pertaining to TV viewership has been concentrated on the US TV market, so Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans would be appropriate. That being said, I don’t think the Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans who are annoyed by the sound of the vuvuzelas would find the contstant sound of bag pipes any more appealing, so I don’t see how the references to race and Apartheid are germane to the discussion.

I do not like them because they eliminate the singing that goes on in games. I love soccer games when both teams’ fans are singing. This new gadget just makes a noise but it does not add anything to the game. Do the players know which fans are blowing for whom? If it is a tradition in South Africa, all right, that is fine, but I hope they get ban outside this World Cup. I do not want to see Barcelona vs. Manchester United next March in the Champions League with that awful noise.

what do you mean, “white people?”

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what do you mean, “white people?” i think they mean “people who have a problem with everything and then waaa-waaaa-waaa about it” or “the French” btw - just downloaded the vuvuzela iphone app and have been the most annoying person at the office today

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > “Many people” is white people, right? > > Although I have no problem with the vuvuzelas, I > am offended by your use of the term “white > people”. Persons with light pigmentation of their > skin are by no means a homogeneous group and > should not be lumped together. I believe most of > the discussion pertaining to TV viewership has > been concentrated on the US TV market, so > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans would be > appropriate. That being said, I don’t think the > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans who are annoyed > by the sound of the vuvuzelas would find the > contstant sound of bag pipes any more appealing, > so I don’t see how the references to race and > Apartheid are germane to the discussion. That was one of the whitest quotes I’ve ever heard.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > That was one of the whitest quotes I’ve ever > heard. Thank you.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what do you mean, “white people?” What do *YOU* mean, “white people?”

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > what do you mean, “white people?” > > > What do *YOU* mean, “white people?” It is amazing how white people - who have never been killed, attacked, demoralised and made second-class citizens (in their own country) for hundreds of years for the colour of their skin - can visit a nation celebrating soccer in it’s own way and say " This is not how to celebrate soccer, do blah blah". Bchad, I know you are not a stupid white person - so you now understand what I mean by white people.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > “Many people” is white people, right? > > Although I have no problem with the vuvuzelas, I > am offended by your use of the term “white > people”. Persons with light pigmentation of their > skin are by no means a homogeneous group and > should not be lumped together. I believe most of > the discussion pertaining to TV viewership has > been concentrated on the US TV market, so > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans would be > appropriate. That being said, I don’t think the > Non-Hispanic, Caucasian Americans who are annoyed > by the sound of the vuvuzelas would find the > contstant sound of bag pipes any more appealing, > so I don’t see how the references to race and > Apartheid are germane to the discussion. Exactly what I would expect from an average white male who feels threatened by a black president.

AlexP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I do not like them because they eliminate the > singing that goes on in games. I love soccer games > when both teams’ fans are singing. This new gadget > just makes a noise but it does not add anything to > the game. Do the players know which fans are > blowing for whom? > > If it is a tradition in South Africa, all right, > that is fine, but I hope they get ban outside this > World Cup. I do not want to see Barcelona vs. > Manchester United next March in the Champions > League with that awful noise. I thought the Champions League is played in Europe and fans just sing? In South Africa they blow vuvuzela and you can always go home if you do not like it.