Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

100%, I’d love to go.

They absolutely hate Brits though, like way more than they hate Americans. Not many people in the UK know that.

So basically with a British passport you need to go as part of a guided tour and I hate travelling that way.

The British thing is completely B.S . The only nationality that may cause hostility is either Saudi or Israeli. I’ve had many friends from the U.K visit over and have met many British people who lived in Iran.

Even if you go to the Friday prayers ( analogous to Trump rallies) people would be kind , not because they’re kind but because those types want to somehow send a message of peace.

The embassy storming crap was done by quasi military/intelligence people from the Republic Guardian Corpse and not something done by the average hardliners in the street if that’s your counter argument.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/concoughlin/5689752/Why-Iran-hates-Britain-so-much.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/iran-uk-embassy-tehran-2011-11?IR=T

quite old articles so maybe they’re not accurate. I’m sure most people wouldn’t have any hostility but it’s notoriously difficult to travel to Iran on a British passport

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iran/safety-and-security

"Safety and security

British nationals - including dual British/Iranian nationals - face greater risks than nationals of many other countries. The security forces may be suspicious of people with British connections. The risks are likely to be higher for independent travellers or students than for people travelling as part of an organised tour or business people invited by the Iranian authorities or companies.

There’s a risk that British nationals and British/Iranian dual nationals could be arbitrarily detained in Iran. In such cases the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has serious concerns that the subsequent judicial process falls below international standards. The Iranian authorities don’t recognise dual nationality for Iranian citizens and therefore don’t grant consular access for FCO officials to visit them in detention.

Any behaviour that doesn’t have an obvious explanation can put you at risk, no matter how innocent you believe it to be. This may include travel off the beaten track, being present near crowds or sensitive sites, having contact with Iranians who are of interest to the authorities, taking photographs (except in major tourist sites), or behaviour that could be perceived as contrary to official Iranian interpretations of Islam. The threat to travellers is likely to be higher if there’s any national unrest, terrorist incident or an increase in tensions between Iran and the international community.

You should consider carefully the risks of travelling to Iran. If you choose to travel, you may wish to keep a low profile.

The Iranian authorities have in many cases failed to meet their international obligations to notify embassies when foreign nationals have been detained. If a dual-national is detained the Iranian authorities won’t notify the embassy as they view dual nationals as Iranian citizens. Even if requested, adequate consular access to foreign nationals isn’t always granted and is never granted for dual-nationals. You should therefore keep in close touch with family or friends back home."

I would be tempted to visit.

@Gringo bob

Yes, as I have mentioned above the story is very different for dual citizens as Iran does not recognize additional citizenship of its own citizens. But you aren’t Iranian.

"Even if you go to the Friday prayers ( analogous to Trump rallies) "

LOL