Wall of Meat

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-16/bikers-trump-vow-form-wall-meat-protect-inauguration-protesters

‘Bikers For Trump’ Vow To Form A “Wall Of Meat” To Protect Inauguration From Protesters

"The bikers are certainly used to being outnumbered and we are prepared to form a wall of meat. We’re anticipating a celebration here. We don’t anticipate any problems. We have a strict code of conduct where we don’t condone violence. But again in the event that we’re needed, you can certainly count on the Bikers for Trump."

What patriotic fellows.

Free publicity.

BTW is it just me or ZH turned from a contrarian finance blog a few years ago to a mostly political one ?

It’s not just you.

Not just you, and likely a necessity. If you’re a contrarian finance blog and there isn’t enough economic news to justify the continued doom and gloom tone or to allow you to hawk shitty precious metal funds you have to turn elsewhere for topics to cry wolf about. Wasn’t too difficult to realize which direction to turn.

Altamont anyone?

Unfortunately, politics has now become indispensable from economics, as many countries, including the US, stand on the verge of the biggest policy changes in years. It would be inappropriate to exclude political coverage from even publications that should be focused on financial analysis.

Am I the only one questioning the homoerotic word choice behind “forming a wall of meat”?

Yeah they could have done a much better job at labeling/branding this

^It’s not like they are a bunch of Hardvard Professors,what do you expect from these guys ?

Never even occurred to me. Perhaps we have different latent tendencies.

Fair point, however many of ZH’s contributions tend to be mostly ideological and not analytical.

I guess you could say the same about say, The Economist (which is extremely globalist/neo-liberal), but The Economist, as much as I loathe it, at least gives the impression of trying to provide objective journalism IMO.

I was hoping this would be a paleo thread , instead more politics. frown

This. Not sure why they wouldn’t just say “they plan on wrapping Trump in a meat curtain for his safety” to avoid any confusion.

I prefer “sheath of flesh” personally.

I thought this was going to be about steak. What do you like to season steak with? Soy sauce, rosemary and garlic (for lamb), parsley and olive oil…

MSG of course.

my top two methods of cooking steak

1. salt and pepper, grill to medium rare on a charcoal grill, maybe with some hickory chips.
  2. salt and pepper then cook with a half stick of butter on a cast iron to medium rare. Edit: Specifically cultured butter fom Brittany France. When I can’t get my hands on TF’s home churned butter of course.