Want to leave job...

Thanks guys for your advice and other off-topic yet funny comments =). I actually engaged bosses and colleagues quite often. Being as modest as I can, I really do have a proactive stance and have designed a few things on my own initiative to help my team and clients. I still follow my value of working to “wear out the broom.” Again though, its just not what I want to do. In order to have things remain challenging I have to go off on my own, otherwise its the same redundant crap that I don’t get any value out of. If I were on track towards something in the buy/sell side (even doing crap grunt work) I would not be complaining. I’m still weighing my options and will see whether I can do something like Nuppal is (really good idea dude!).

CFA BB what type of role are you currently working in?

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Part-time Crook Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > Girlfriend lives 700 miles away. > > That’s a problem. > > > I like how you took everything I had and made it a > positive, then you got to this and I can see you > saying…WTF, this kid sucks. > > hahahaha lol. I mean it’s not that uncommon to be away, and I also have spent some time that way with a couple of former girlfriends including my current wife. It’s just that lots of problems start to emerge shortly after.

I would say stick it out for now. And what is your current role? Job market is so tight these days, we are considered “lucky” to have a position.

Do what I do. When I get bored, I take it out on my boss by making off-handed jokes at his expense. So far so good.

Sorry was in Boston for the weekend. Panny145 & davexlee basically what I do is tell CEO’s and CFO’s who’s buying and selling their stock. In short its a watered down sell-side analyst. I have to know the sector & company well, sometimes meet w/ management, monitor stock activity and explain why it or the sector is up or down, know holder firm strategies, develop buyside contacts, etc… but we really don’t do the heavy fundamental analysis, financial modeling and managing assets. I think the job has been a great stepping stone into Finance and a great FO position as I have to deal with C-executives on a daily basis, but I want something that is more analytical and challenging. I’m not deterred by grunt work as long as I can get some decent buy/sell side experience.