was anyone else surprised?

I spent an enourmous amount of time on the level one material. Some of the topics got more consideration than i thought they would. the P/E ratio i felt was not really emphasized too much in the los and practice exams i took. but showed up numerous times on the exam. and other things like contrarian, and smart money. and the emh which i spent hours on were not really on the test at all. I was also frustrated with some questions. they seemed as though even if you studied for ten years, you just were not gonna get some of them correct. I am relieved to hear virtually everyone on here say that they “think they might have passed, but are not too sure”. thats exactly how i feel. I guess it’s not the test you walk away from and say “yeah, I nailed it”.

unless you are dehlirocks.

yeah, or some random guy in jacob javits. i seriously hope he failed… i studied really hard and it was still a hard test for me. i sincerely hope i passed (and i also hope the best for people here), but who knows?

my greatest flaw was not looking at any of the problems in the CFAI text or doing any of the online exams ($50 a pop - that is blue murder). I spent all my time doing book 6 of the schweser. Helped me in about 50% of the exam. Screwed me for the other 50%.

I really enjoyed the exam. It was fun. No number crunching, rather conceptual analysis while breadth of material was still tested. I think CFAI did a good job. There was a girl sitting next to me. She said she came to AF once and was shocked with depth of discussions. I heard that AF pass rate is about 90% and that make a lot of sense to me. All of us here were better prepared for the exam than an average candidate.

hm. i really hope that’s true then. all i know is i found this halfway through level 1 and if i pass, i’m going to use this resource for all of level two.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I really enjoyed the exam. It was fun. No number > crunching, rather conceptual analysis while > breadth of material was still tested. I think > CFAI did a good job. > > There was a girl sitting next to me. She said she > came to AF once and was shocked with depth of > discussions. I heard that AF pass rate is about > 90% and that make a lot of sense to me. All of us > here were better prepared for the exam than an > average candidate. for all the money in the world i hope you are right.

there was a bunch of questions on correlation, and I happened to read Joey’s post on the topic the day before the exam. +2 right there :slight_smile:

Yes, the AF board is priceless. What gets me the most is how accomodating the mojority of people are. You have an idiot here and there, but for the most part the caliber of individuals here is superb. Also, the board is a great motivating tool. The bits and pieces of info. I got here were priceless in preping for the test. I remember one post that I held in mind before and during the actual exam. I don’t remember who it was, but the dude wrote that he scored in low 60’s on Schweser Book 6 tests, but got >70 in most of his areas on the actual exam. That gave me lots of hope since my highest score in Book 6 was 66.

I really think AF is awesome and the ppl here make it what it is!

In the weeks leading to the exam, I would actually copy paste numerous thread links from work, and email them to refer later. Some of the discussions here were top notch. Man…i love you guys and girls!!! :slight_smile:

alot of love in the forums tonight…