Was Einstein wrong?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484 http://online.wsj.com/article/AP58b5aed0a77c45ddb163d90951b36b35.html

That’s exciting if it’s true, and if it is, I’m sure Einstein would want to be wrong in this circumstance.

Yeah i saw this yesterday. if this gets confirmed i can’t wait for the Steven Hawking show about what this means for physicists and by extension the rest of us.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s exciting if it’s true, and if it is, I’m > sure Einstein would want to be wrong in this > circumstance. Well said. I hope a second experiment by a different lab can confirm the results, but I fear that there is a very-hard-to-find flaw somewhere in this experiment.

Awesome. Time travel, here we come, neutrino-like!

Cool stuff man. Articles like these always make me wish I was more disciplined when I was younger so I could be a physicist.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cool stuff man. Articles like these always make > me wish I was more disciplined when I was younger > so I could be a physicist. This.

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFABLACKBELT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Cool stuff man. Articles like these always > make > > me wish I was more disciplined when I was > younger > > so I could be a physicist. > > > This. Its amazing, that we think we are so advanced at this point in human civilization, but yet we are still at the infancy of scientific discovery. And the rate is only picking up more steam.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its amazing, that we think we are so advanced at > this point in human civilization, but yet we are > still at the infancy of scientific discovery. And > the rate is only picking up more steam. Yea. We don’t even know what’s really in the ocean, let alone space/technology.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cool stuff man. Articles like these always make > me wish I was more disciplined when I was younger > so I could be a physicist. I actually majored in Physics, but opted for a finance career.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Its amazing, that we think we are so advanced > at > > this point in human civilization, but yet we > are > > still at the infancy of scientific discovery. > And > > the rate is only picking up more steam. > > Yea. We don’t even know what’s really in the > ocean, let alone space/technology. Wanna have your mind blown? Watch the Neil DeGrasse Tyson lecture where he says that we are essentially 99.5% Ape brains with .5% more development. Imagine intelligent life elsewhere with .5% more development then us - “they’d look at us like drooling idiots.” Great stuff.