Was Level 2 Schweser Book 6 helpful?

Please don’t jump on me too hard, y’all! I have a simple question, and I would be grateful for some honest feedback. When I passed Level 1, Schweser Book 6 (sample exams) was VERY helpful. I found it to be an invaluable learning tool because it was actually pretty darn close to the tone (and somewhat what to expect) of the actual exam. What do you think of Schweser Book 6 (sample exams) for Level 2? Regards,

CFA.Rhythm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Please don’t jump on me too hard, y’all! I have a > simple question, and I would be grateful for some > honest feedback. > > When I passed Level 1, Schweser Book 6 (sample > exams) was VERY helpful. I found it to be an > invaluable learning tool because it was actually > pretty darn close to the tone (and somewhat what > to expect) of the actual exam. > > What do you think of Schweser Book 6 (sample > exams) for Level 2? > > Regards, Schweser’s book 6 and Schweser in general is more quantitative than the actual exam. I found the practice exams helpful in getting my time down and finding out what areas of the curriculum I should be reviewing in the last few weeks, but Schweser tests the areas they deem to have a high probability of showing up on the exam, the actual exam is far more ambiguous. For example Schweser’s practice tests tested a lot of FCFF v. FCFE and I think every Schweser practice test had an Annova table on it, neither of which were on the exam. But then, I don’t think there were any BOP questions on the practice test and darned if two of them didn’t appear on the actual exam.

thanks for your feedback

I am pretty much with Bankin’ on this one. I would use book 6 a little earlier in your prep to see where you need to brush up and then use the tests from CFAI (practice exams and mocks) to get a feel for what the actual thing will be like in the last couple of weeks.