Water cooler book club

Im scared to even google “Ra Material” on account of the spam it is going send my way :confused:

Have a little faith lady. It’ll change your whole perspective on sh!t.

Just took a look at Bullsht Jobs… interesting that it is reminiscent of the values in Walden Two!

I highly recommended The Art of the Deal, it really is a good book.

Vote here (with an upvote) for Bullsht Jobs

Vote here for Ra Material

Vote here for Art of the Deal

So, if Ra Material wins the vote, you have to read it, right?

Another one I’ve been wanting to read is The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. Heard it was banned from a lot of prisons.

ok… I looked up “Ra Material”…no.

I’ll get an ulcer trying to read that.

you gotta get past the first paragraph, and you get used to the manner of speaking. tons of wisdom in here if you don’t get hung up on the context.

This thread is no longer about a book club, and now the revelation that Turd is a lizard people.

turds mom recommended this

https://www.amazon.com/Behold-Horse-Milton-William-Cooper/dp/0929385225

this is a great one. We can do this one then Ra.

Reminds me of Goodbye Horses.

Right? Sweep?

Your take on that quote is still one of my favorite comments in AF history. Not sure how many times I’ve actually laughed out loud reading AF, but that was definitely one of them.

On-topic, if we’re going to read books about art, I highly recommend The Art of Not Giving a F u ck. It’s a game changer.

i love it! its basically about caring about things that you value and ignoring everything else! personally, the only thing i value is myself, so i ask myself, will this affect me, nah? aight ur shit out of luck. move along.

link?

Capitalism, Durkheim wrote, is antithetical to creating and sustaining the relationships that are vital to social bonds. Capitalism rewards those for whom relationships are transactional and temporary. Relationships under capitalism are mercenary. They are part of the scheme for personal self-advancement and require the oily manipulation of others. To advance in a capitalist system it is necessary to build and then discard a series of ultimately hollow relationships. These empty relationships—and you can see them on display at any business gathering—contribute to the collective anomie and disintegration of social bonds.

Capitalism may cater to a natural desire among many for self-enrichment, but you don’t want this belief system to dominate society. Capitalism rewards single-minded narcissists and often con artists devoid of empathy and incapable of remorse. It rewards those focused exclusively on personal gain and self-aggrandizement. These dedicated capitalists often lack the capacity to form meaningful bonds, seeing in other people tools for commodification and exploitation. Once a capitalist class achieves complete control, as it has in the United States, it dismantles the structures that make social bonds possible, seeing in them an impediment to profit. The more concentrated wealth becomes, as with corporate capitalism, the more damage it inflicts on society, sending jobs to overseas sweatshops and leaving American workers underemployed or unemployed.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/american-anomie/

the 1st paragraph is retarded. lol di have no idea how people extrapolate ideas like this. you people are creative as heck. cuz the strict defintion of capitalism is just private ownership instead of government ownership.

2nd paragaph. yep that is absolutely my mindset, nothing to do with capitalism. many of my friends have actually complained that everything to me is transactional. but you know what, everything is quid pro quo. if you do not bring value then what is your purpose.

us is overprivileged imo, and smart people should start utilizing the cheaper labor in poorer countries to bring things to balance. if rich people get richer because of this, then it is fine since they are bringing equality to the world, theyre going to get taxed by the govt in the end anyways. bottomline what may be right for a bottom feeder in the us isnt right for the kid in africa with untapped potential.

as an example if i wanted to hire a super smart kid in the philippes as an analyst right out of the top university. it’ll prolly just cost me 6 to 8k at the most. lol this world is really fooked up.