WCInv. & FCInv. formulas

Are these correct?
WCInv. = (Current Asset - cash) - (Current liabilities - debt)

FCInv. = Gross Total Fixed Assets Current Year - Gross Total Fixed Assets Previous Year

Ummm, Iā€™m confused. I donā€™t understand the meaning of your phrase ā€œCurrent liabilities - debt.ā€ After all, ā€œCurrent liabilitiesā€ ARE debt. Please clarify, and Iā€™ll be glad to try to help you.

1 Like

Regarding ā€œWCInv. = (Current Asset - cash) - (Current liabilities - debt)ā€, I copied and pasted it from a someoneā€™s elseā€™s post from a search that I performed.

What would the WCInv. formula consist of?

Not all of them; only those that bear interest.

Wages Payable, Taxes Payable, Accounts Payable, Interest Payable, Unearned Revenue . . . none of them are debt.

WCInv = āˆ†Current Assets āˆ’ āˆ†Current Liabilities

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming then that FCInv. = āˆ†PP&E + NCC ?

Your statement that 'Wages Payable, Taxes Payable, Accounts Payable, etc." are not debt is incorrect. They are debt. But they are not ā€˜funded [i.e., interest-bearing] debt.ā€™

They arenā€™t.

Theyā€™re liabilities, but not debt.

Please tell me what you think the difference is between ā€œliabilitiesā€ and ā€œdebtā€.

I already have.

Well, I guess Iā€™m too stupid to have spotted it. Would you restating what you think the difference is, please, sir?

Here you are:

For finality, the change in Current Assets total does include the change in cash levels?
For some odd reason, Kaplan removes the change in cash amount from the WCInv. amount.

Not in this context.

You canā€™t use the change in cash to explain the change in cash.