We are killing book 6, is that bad?

I am seeing a lot of good scores around here. I know, I know, AF is a high pass sample. I am just curious to see if anyone feels that maybe Book 6 is weak, narrowly focused, easy to guess right, creating a false sense of preparedness or anything like that? Obviously a 60 question sample of this curriculum is extremely narrow and the cfai mocks in a week or two will certainly snap me back to reality. But schweser is making me nervous. This weekend I did exam 2am, I finish up and I’m thinking, damn I’m not so sure about that, maybe low-mid 70’s… then I grade out and blam, I crush that score. good guessing? is schweser trusted to test topics that are likely to show up? are all you high scoring geeks going to ruin the curve? is the cfai evil (rhetorical question), evil enough to do all the mocks in Jan for ideas prior to finalizing the exam? “You know Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick, I didn’t see any topic XYZ in there, get me that XYZ vignette from the vault.” As we get closer to 6-7 I expect more nervous, conspiracy, worst case scenario posts from the rest of you.

You are going to kill it. Schwesers job is to prepare people for this exam and they do a pretty good job of it. My guess is that if you took all the sample exams from schweser it would cover most of the LOSs. You have put in the time, maybe you just know more than you think you do.

Talked to some people last year that did “well” on book 6 - scores in the mid-70s. They passed. I still think the best prep is from the real CFAI exams.

i think schweser is good prep. that said. i got a 72 on my last schweser exam 1am, a 70 on the first online free sample. then got my clock cleaned by the 2nd cfai sample. the level of detail they went into that second exam scared the crap out of me. i’d be really curious to see what others on the forum thought of that exam. i’ve seen 3 scores so far and i think they are 33, 55 and 60

wow, i’m looking forward to to the 2nd cfai sample after that. Molodovsky.

yeah some serious molodovsky. but i just saw someone post they were pissed because they got a 70 on it and they didn’t think was that bad, so maybe it’s not so bad. i don’t mean to be a debbie downer just because i sucked on it.

The other part that makes the CFAI thing tough is that you have to stare at a computer screen and scroll all over the place. It’s tough to get all of the facts you need, calculate, then come-up with the right answer. I plan to take the CFAI stuff starting this weekend.

Molodovsky reminds me of Doestovsky.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah some serious molodovsky. > I’m really digging this usage of molodovsky.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think schweser is good prep. that said. i got a > 72 on my last schweser exam 1am, a 70 on the first > online free sample. then got my clock cleaned by > the 2nd cfai sample. the level of detail they > went into that second exam scared the crap out of > me. i’d be really curious to see what others on > the forum thought of that exam. i’ve seen 3 scores > so far and i think they are 33, 55 and 60 56% for me. it was brutal

Schweser tells you what the average scores are from the people who have submitted them online. I think Book 6 test 1 a.m was 64% and p.m. was 62%. Based on scores mentioned, it appears as though there are some people in pretty good shape.

bud, at least you know you weren’t the only one that thought it was brutal… let’s bounce back… it’s funny how sensitive/paranoid about my ability to pass this thing come june is right now… i’m taking days off work through friday for an emergency study session following this weekend’s debacle. (the schedule just worked out that way, i can’t usually pull it off like that.) good luck studying.

i took the 3rd one over the weekend. Mid-60s. Don’t feel great about it, but much better than I did staring blankly at the screen for 30 minutes after the 2nd one.

I guess this is my concern. I have taken 3 sessions 1am, 1pm and 2am. And I never feel like I did well. I like the scores but I just don’t feel confident during or after. I could take 20 mocks and score in the 80’s and still feel like the next one could easily be a 60. If that one is the one that counts, that would suck. Other random thoughts: 1.) As t -----> 6-7-08 Work productivity -----> 0 2.) As a follow up from my post this morning, can I change my screen name to Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick?

60 for me , need to spend more time on Quat/PM

Other random thoughts: 1.) As t -----> 6-7-08 Work productivity -----> 0 i’m not even hiding it anymore. after bombing ethics on the few practice tests i’ve done, i just printed out the ethics handbook and am blatently reading it at my desk right now. if anyone questions my activities, i will wave around one of the pages with the word COMPLIANCE in bold on it and my guess is they will run away scared. the handbook is my friend.

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess this is my concern. I have taken 3 > sessions 1am, 1pm and 2am. And I never feel like > I did well. I like the scores but I just don’t > feel confident during or after. I could take 20 > mocks and score in the 80’s and still feel like > the next one could easily be a 60. If that one is > the one that counts, that would suck. > > Other random thoughts: > > 1.) > As t -----> 6-7-08 > Work productivity -----> 0 > > 2.) > As a follow up from my post this morning, can I > change my screen name to Mr. Dr. Professor > Patrick? I second point one. Lord.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Other random thoughts: > > 1.) > As t -----> 6-7-08 > Work productivity -----> 0 I can’t afford to tend my work to 0. List coming out next monday - 19th Mine is like the other way round Work productivity -----> 100% Study for L2 ------------> 0%

slouis, what’d you get on exam 2am? i took it yesterday and scored 65. if you’re hitting mid 70s already, seems like you’re in pretty good shape, although like a few have said, these practices aren’t as good a predictor as LI b/c they’re hitting such a more narrow scope of material. i feel like i could get a 80 or 50 depending on what a certain test hits.

Does anybody take the Qbank 60 question exams? I want to save the book 6 exams for closer to test date. What have your experience been with those? I think there is roughly a 10% increase in score for Qbank vs. book 6 (ie if I scored high 60s on book 6 i would score roughly mid-high 70s in Qbank exams).