weak areas

Anyone feel like sharing their weaknesses? I’m going back over mocks and so forth and trying to get better at the questions I missed, but there are a few questions where I’m basically shrugging my shoulders and saying, yeah, oh well, too late to really learn that. I never really learned technical analysis - just some broad basics - and I’ve got some holes in economics (curves! too many curves!), alternative investments and a few of the more arcane formulas here and there. Or does everyone else feel like they have a solid handle on everything?

Taxes and Hypothesis testing are the real beast for me. I think I am going to work on them coming days. You can include technical analysis too. I can guess how easy this topic of technical analysis will be for a person who is working as technical analyst. I mean it’s all about knowing graphs and charts. I wish if they could share some easy notes so that we don’t have to spend hours on topics like technical analysis.

I would say Econ could be a very good scoring area and everyone is going to score on that. If you don’t score on Econ, I feel you will be lagging behind as that is such a easy topic. That was my weakness too but it didn’t require much effort to overcome that. I would say work on that, you still have four days to go.

Thanks. Yeah, statistics can hang me up a bit as well, especially hypothesis testing with all of its stupid negatives. (“If the null is not true, then you will not not have a type whatever error. Or not.” Ok, yeah, probably gotta review that too). As for econ, the easy, intuitive stuff like microeconomics and tactics used by the Fed - no problem. It’s just when someone asks me to answer something about a curve - I freeze and have no clue. While I’m venting, equities was weirdly always a struggle for me, and still is. Much prefer fixed income, because it feels more founded on logic, facts, reason - rather than the fictional contortions of equity valuation.

Some of the technicalities in the equities section on the “best bid” and “best ask” and determining the average price and such. And pretty much the entire ethics section. I know the ethics readings by memory, back and forth, but still miss tons of questions on the mock exams.

Equities, Ethics! I dont get the theory part right in equities very often… concepts are fine. And i’m just very very inconsistent with ethics that it looks like its just going to be a gamble in the exam.

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would say Econ could be a very good scoring area > and everyone is going to score on that. If you > don’t score on Econ, I feel you will be lagging > behind as that is such a easy topic. That was my > weakness too but it didn’t require much effort to > overcome that. I would say work on that, you still > have four days to go. That’s not cool to say that !!! People are just different, with different background and brains. Econ is my weak area. Even if my scores there on mock are decent, I still guess a lot. On the other hand, I find hypothesis testing so easy, so basic that i don’t even need to think to solve the questions.

technical analysis, especially neat picky questions (i get stuff like supply and demand matters, investors are both irrational and rational, but not momentum indicators and the rest of it) and other section of course, to varying degrees

Miss*Yiota Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > That’s not cool to say that !!! People are just > different, with different background and brains. > Econ is my weak area. Even if my scores there on > mock are decent, I still guess a lot. On the other > hand, I find hypothesis testing so easy, so basic > that i don’t even need to think to solve the > questions. i wish i was like that with hypothesis testing but i am not. by the way my name is also yiota

> That’s not cool to say that !!! People are just > different, with different background and brains. > Econ is my weak area. Even if my scores there on > mock are decent, I still guess a lot. On the other > hand, I find hypothesis testing so easy, so basic > that i don’t even need to think to solve the > questions. My comments were not to offend anyone for sure. If I did, I apologize! Even I don’t have any background of economics. I am a full time programmer who thinks in 0 and 1 and there is no space for probability in my life. I have never studied economics in my whole life, and if at all I would have that will be somewhere in 8th or 9th standard I guess.I struggled a lot in economics too like you are struggling at this point of time. But, continuous revision gave me grasp of the topic, just pure hard work, no genius here. I mean there is no rocket science in economics, it’s just that either you are not spending enough time or not interested at all in that topic. I have spoken to lot of people. Everyone finds economics easy and that the reason why I had to change my mind to put more efforts in economics as I don’t want to leave any section on which people are going to score high. That is just a suggestion. I mean if you are genius and can score more 90% in other topics without silly mistakes which is highly unlikely, you don’t have to worry about econ at all.

> i wish i was like that with hypothesis testing but > i am not. by the way my name is also yiota Yiota…What is the meaning of Yiota? I have never heard of this name. Which nationality?

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > i wish i was like that with hypothesis testing > but > > i am not. by the way my name is also yiota > > Yiota…What is the meaning of Yiota? I have never > heard of this name. Which nationality? hellenic!

Penny-wenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sgupta0827 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > i wish i was like that with hypothesis > testing > > but > > > i am not. by the way my name is also yiota > > > > Yiota…What is the meaning of Yiota? I have > never > > heard of this name. Which nationality? > > > hellenic! ahh Ti Kanis!

kala esi, mallon ta leme sto crown plaza. kali tixi

Well I had to google for these. Please pardon my limited knowledge of the world. Little background would have helped. What is Ti Kanis?

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well I had to google for these. Please pardon my > limited knowledge of the world. Little background > would have helped. What is Ti Kanis? Sorry squpta, It’s Greek for “how are you”, its from my basic knowledge of Greek

Penny-wenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sgupta0827 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > i wish i was like that with hypothesis > testing > > but > > > i am not. by the way my name is also yiota > > > > Yiota…What is the meaning of Yiota? I have > never > > heard of this name. Which nationality? > > > hellenic! LOL, that’s not my name. Yiota, from IOTA, the smallest letter of the hellenic alphabet. Some people just use it to express smthg that is insignificant… as i am

Miss*Yiota Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Penny-wenny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sgupta0827 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > i wish i was like that with hypothesis > > testing > > > but > > > > i am not. by the way my name is also yiota > > > > > > Yiota…What is the meaning of Yiota? I have > > never > > > heard of this name. Which nationality? > > > > > > hellenic! > > > LOL, that’s not my name. Yiota, from IOTA, the > smallest letter of the hellenic alphabet. Some > people just use it to express smthg that is > insignificant… as i am That’s what I guessed I didn’t know there existed a name with Yiota, then found on google that name is quite common.

Miss*Yiota Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Penny-wenny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sgupta0827 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > i wish i was like that with hypothesis > > testing > > > but > > > > i am not. by the way my name is also yiota > > > > > > Yiota…What is the meaning of Yiota? I have > > never > > > heard of this name. Which nationality? > > > > > > hellenic! > > > LOL, that’s not my name. Yiota, from IOTA, the > smallest letter of the hellenic alphabet. Some > people just use it to express smthg that is > insignificant… as i am I wish I was in Greece right now!

just take it that way…u can book your flight now and take off saturday evening